New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

GarrettKP

Explorer
Eberron already has one. It could be Planescape. I don't think the Psion is ready enough for Darksun.

Eberron got a PDF. But Mearls said in an interview with Comicbook.com that the PDF did not mean a Hardcover wouldn't also be coming. And since they are testing Artificer heavily in UA right now, seems obvious to me that Eberron is getting a full hardcover now.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'd be floored if Mystara got a book before the other 3 big settings (Eberron, Planescape, Dark Sun).

I think the Mystarra stuff might be because of Goodman Games publications: wouldn't surprise me if they do more with the setting with their classics imprint.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Eberron already has one. It could be Planescape. I don't think the Psion is ready enough for Darksun.

Eberron got a *test* product with recycled art. They have been actively playtesting the crunch from that book, and talking about the possibility of a full book along the liens of Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica. The unique monsters of Eberron (and there are quite a few) haven't been covered yet, among many other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
Eberron got a PDF. But Mearls said in an interview with Comicbook.com that the PDF did not mean a Hardcover wouldn't also be coming. And since they are testing Artificer heavily in UA right now, seems obvious to me that Eberron is getting a full hardcover now.

That is a reasonable guess.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
It also strikes me that a playtest PDF like the Eberron book might be announced at some point: Dark Sun, perhaps?
There's no mastermind behind Dark Sun like there is with Eberron, so it seems unlikely. The only reason we got the Wayfarer's Guide was because Keith Baker continues to champion the setting. If Dark Sun had a highly respected and enthusiastic creator who was willing to do the work for them, then I'm sure WotC would arrange something with them. But that, as far as I know, is not the case.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
There's no mastermind behind Dark Sun like there is with Eberron, so it seems unlikely. The only reason we got the Wayfarer's Guide was because Keith Baker continues to champion the setting. If Dark Sun had a highly respected and enthusiastic creator who was willing to do the work for them, then I'm sure WotC would arrange something with them. But that, as far as I know, is not the case.

On the other hand, they have been talking about doing Dark Sun for years, they are working on Psionics with a focus on Dark Sun (per Mearls), and Mearls was able to casually go very into detail on what they would put into Dark Sun on the Happy Fun Hour, like he had already written out the draft. We'll see it sooner or latter.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases