D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Birmy

Adventurer
...they did a karaoke cover song of ACDC's "TNT" but changed the lyrics to "DND"...I don't want to disparage the musical talents of the people who performed it, but the end result was not as witty as you might thing it is from just the description...

Like last year, the musical bits were strange--careening between impressive and embarrassing, often within the same performance.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Welp. I officially don't know what they're doing anymore, and I don't think they do either. Everything made sense through 2017 or so, but since then it's been one wrong turn after another. :erm:

People have been asking for this since 2014. Eberron is one of the most popular settings, and they finally bailed down how to do setting books last year with Ravnica.

Kurotowa

Legend
From the Twitch Chat, it sounds like it will be a different book than Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.

If I had to lay a bet, I'd say different but not All New, All Different. It'll have new material and expanded material but won't throw out anything. The rules bits like races and magic items and Dragonmarks as substitute subraces will carry over. The setting bits will be expanded from the rather brief current entries. Add in the Artificer once it's done, add some new art and maps, add a Monsters and NPCs section. Bam, that's probably 90% of your hardcover right there.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If I had to lay a bet, I'd say different but not All New, All Different. It'll have new material and expanded material but won't throw out anything. The rules bits like races and magic items and Dragonmarks as substitute subraces will carry over. The setting bits will be expanded from the rather brief current entries. Add in the Artificer once it's done, add some new art and maps, add a Monsters and NPCs section. Bam, that's probably 90% of your hardcover right there.

Mearls laid out what they would do early on: reuse the crunch, all different fluff, so it is not a repeat purchase.

Not what I wanted, but acceptable.

Wonder if my old prediction is right, that they're mainly gonna do setting books when they can put a class into it (assuming The Artificer is in this book). They just have to release a Dark Sun book with the Psion and I will be right.

Hopefully it will add some extra player stuff than just the Artificer and the races, like a few new subclasses or maybe some new fighting styles (long shot, but I can hope.). Hopefully they also have some more monsters, cause I wanna fight some Daeklyr.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not what I wanted, but acceptable.

Wonder if my old prediction is right, that they're mainly gonna do setting books when they can put a class into it (assuming The Artificer is in this book). They just have to release a Dark Sun book with the Psion and I will be right.

Hopefully it will add some extra player stuff than just the Artificer and the races, like a few new subclasses or maybe some new fighting styles (long shot, but I can hope.). Hopefully they also have some more monsters, cause I wanna fight some Daeklyr.

Ravnica didn't have a new Class, though I would expect a Psion in Dark Sun.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases