D&D 5E New Character Sheets are out, anyone seen what they look like?

darjr

I crit!
It is, as part of the Starter Set...

Not really, no character creation.

Oops:

Didn't see the later response.

And to add that the starter set is amazing. I originally was unhappy it didn't have character creation, but after seeing it in action, so to speak, I'm a convert. And the adventure inside of it is amazing.

Especially how it can easily be used to hook into the other story line adventures.

I really wish WotC would sell the 5e Basic rules as a printed product for purchase.

The Basic Rules, like character sheets, are available free on their website. But the former is more unwieldy to print (and bind) for use than the latter.
It's currently $8.50 on lulu.com for a softcover B+W book. (Plus shipping.)
So, not really any more unwieldy than ordering something off Amazon.

And handy people have already made covers: http://www.5mwd.com/archives/1766

MrHotter

First Post
The folder the sheets come in is something I would like to give my new players. It has helpfull notes on the inside that would come in handy. I passed by this at the store, but if I had seen what was inside I probably would have bought it instead of getting the Character Folio that had way too many pages for a new character.

Laugh if you want, but I am having a hard time determining which one of these is the newbie character sheet and which one is the more advanced.

Which is telling of something about their design decisions in the game, the layout or maybe it is just about me.

I'm not very familiar with lulu. Is there a direct link to the 5e Basic rules that I can order? Or do I have to build my own and upload the pdf and cover myself?
You have to build your own.
But it's super simple.

I mean, I've done it and could make my version non-private. But since there'd be no way WotC could know if I were selling at cost or making money, it'd be shut down.

You choose the size of the paper (US letter) and the binding (perfect binding). You can go value or premium depending on how much you care about the paper quality.
Download printer friendly versions of the documents from the WotC site, and throw those into Lulu. Drag and drop really.
There are a number of online covers available, such as the one I linked to earlier. Choose than and upload. Give Lulu you $10 and shipping address and Bob's your uncle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases