What is Minecraft about, anyway?

Janx

Hero
ah, ye olde minecraft thread. I still play on 360. Tried the PC demo with minecontrol so I could use a game controller. Had problems digging, the UI kept jumping into the menu system instead. even with mouse.

I prefer 360-style crafting to the drag-n-drop pattern making on the PC. Way too clunky for my taste.

Nytmare

David Jose
Yeah, I'm the flip side of that. I've tried playing it on my X box a couple of times but just couldn't wrap my head around the controls.

Janx

Hero
Yeah, I'm the flip side of that. I've tried playing it on my X box a couple of times but just couldn't wrap my head around the controls.

I suspect it's the FPS aspect on the controller. there's some learning curve to it, but the mechanism is intuitive. left stick moves you forward/back side to side and right stick looks up/down and left/right. Anybody used to Halo or another FPS can jump right in because it's always the same. the menu system is much easier, and crafting is much simpler.

A new comer has to get used to coordination for the movemement, but it's really the same problem a newcomer has to an FPS on a PC.

I like the Xbox version, but obviously, the PC version has more advantages.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases