E.N. World Wiki: Questions and bug reports!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, my main World of Kulan wiki page is supposed open up in my group, right? I've set it so that nonmembers can see it. Thus, I'm assuming if they visit my group, they can see the wiki start page and follow the links even though they aren't members. Or would nonmembers have to access it (hunt for it) through the Wiki section?

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that there is now two "campaign" sub-forums under the Wiki forum on the main forum page. One is called Campaign Wiki Pages, which I'm assuming is the older one that stopped working.

Depending on your privacy settings, non-members can see it in the group. Best way to check is to log out and view your group from the POV of a non-member.

Is there a way to delete a page? I created a yesy page and can not delete it now or is there a way to rename them?

You should be able to delete your own pages. I'll check the permissions.

I created this category and assined all my continents to it, but it isn't showing one of them in the list. It does show it under the pages Categories when I look at the page, however.

I'm not sure how categories work. However, to see all the wiki pages currently connected to your group, click on the link I've circled below. I'll also get that added to the "View" dropdown menu for easy access from anywhere in the group.

pagelist.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Depending on your privacy settings, non-members can see it in the group. Best way to check is to log out and view your group from the POV of a non-member.
You know, I thought of that after I posted but then it slipped my mind. I just checked it. It's definitely viewable to non-members.

I'm not sure how categories work. However, to see all the wiki pages currently connected to your group, click on the link I've circled below. I'll also get that added to the "View" dropdown menu for easy access from anywhere in the group.

View attachment 64180
The Fallenlands page and the Continents of Kulan category are both assigned to the group. When I go to the category's page and select the list option, it does show it. It just doesn't show it in the main list when I first load the category. Perhaps only the most updated pages appear on the first page. Regardless, it's in the list.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I just got this error when trying to update this page and this page. I've placed both under a new category.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vw_Hard_Core::resolve_class_name() in /var/www/virtual/enworld/forum/vault/core/controller/dm/item/groupitem/vb3.php on line 32

I was able to do an edit of another page, so I'm thinking that there might be an issue with how categories are working. I haven't tried deleting the category, yet.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I just got this error when trying to update this page and this page. I've placed both under a new category.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vw_Hard_Core::resolve_class_name() in /var/www/virtual/enworld/forum/vault/core/controller/dm/item/groupitem/vb3.php on line 32

I was able to do an edit of another page, so I'm thinking that there might be an issue with how categories are working. I haven't tried deleting the category, yet.

Give it a few minutes. I'm trying to fix a bug with page names, so it might be a bit weird for a while.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I tried to undo my previous edits to the Crow God campaign page all the way back to the original and this is what it gave me.

Fatal Error: attempted to instantiate non-existent class vw_URL_Model_vb3

#0 vw_Hard_Core::fetch_object() called at [./vault/core/model/vw.php:370]
#1 vw_Hard_Core::model() called at [./vault/core/controller/route/vw.php:242]
#2 vw_Route_Controller->resolve_script() called at [./vault/core/controller/route/vw.php:138]
#3 vw_Route_Controller->resolve() called at [./wiki_index.php:67]
#4 require(./wiki_index.php) called at [./showwiki.php:17]

Please forward this error to VaultWiki technical support at https://www.vaultwiki.org/support/4X/ or email support@vaultwiki.org.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I created a couple of templates for World of Kulan a day or so ago, and it told me that I'd have to wait to have the template approved by a moderator. I created them as pages for my group, but I checked the box to treat the page as a template. I also put it under campaigns, so I'm not sure if someone would notice it there.

Of course, there was more updating today, so I realize it's possible that no one has seen them yet. I'm just curious since it appears as though it won't show me the pages I created until they are approved.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You're using functions I didn't even know existed! At this point, you probably know more about the wiki than me. Templates, huh? Guess I'd better go read the manual!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
You're using functions I didn't even know existed! At this point, you probably know more about the wiki than me. Templates, huh? Guess I'd better go read the manual!
Okay. I'll try to dial back my enthusiasm a bit. I tend to go overboard when I get a new toy. :p

So far, besides the standard pages, I've figured out how to add attachments and categories. I think I've figured out how books are supposed to work, but I haven't really delved into that yet. For templates, it has a section that has "Treat this page as a:" and then it gives four options with check boxes.
  • Book, so it can contain sub-pages
  • Category, so it can be used as a topic to group related pages
  • Template, so it can be used as a building block for other pages
  • Island, so its title is still available and it can't be linked to using BB-Codes
It has in small text "This page will take on the behaviors of the selected types"

Last edited:

Shadowmage

First Post
OK How do you delete a book? I have tried to delete a book and all it gave me was a soft delete option. It is 13Campaign:The Stoneheld Woods from my main page. It still shows up in the table of contents, but the link is dead. I can not un-delete it to change it's name to something else to make it another book nor completely delete it. Thanks for any help.

Remove ads