D&D 1E Just realised I own more D&D 5E hardcovers than I do D&D 1E

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I keep going back to the pic and seeing stuff I like. Primeval Thule campaign guide? Fantastic stuff. :D

So much of my collection is digital now. I miss the days when I had my gaming library.

You should see my non-D&D RPG shelves....

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
What happens if you add 2nd edition?

20181207_083031.jpg

GreyLord

Legend
Hmm, let's see...

For me there's the 1e

Players Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide
Monster Manual
Fiend Folio
Monster Manual 2
Dragonlance Adventures
GreyHawk Adventures
Unearthed Arcana
Wilderness Survival Guide
Dungeoneers Survival Guide
Oriental Adventures
Manual of the Planes
Deities and Demigods

Which gives me 13 1e hardbacks (technically 14 if we also include L&L but that's basically just a revamp of Deities and Demigods).

For 5e I seem to have

Players Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual
Hoard of the DragonQueen
Rise of Tiamat
Out of the Abyss
Princes of the Apocalypse
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Curse of Strahd
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Tomb of Annihilation

Which means I have 14 hardbacks thus far...pretty even with 1e (if you include L&L). It means I still haven't gotten Mad Mage or Heist, if I had those it would exceed 1e.

Of course, many of those (as noted upthread) are actually APs, though each of those also have things that can be applied to normal play.

If we include some of the box sets or other things for 1e, you'd also increase it for 1e. Things like the Forgotten Realms box or the original Greyhawk Portfolio. They aren't hardback books though, but serve the basic same function as some of the hardback books now.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Your copy of the Rules Cyclopedia is so pristine! Mine looks like it spent 15 years in a backpack, from middle-school all the way thru college....OH WAIT.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I'll see your collection of 5e bloat and raise you the phasing out by a fully operational collection of Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion!

Force and Destiny coming soon. Maybe.

Shelfie 3-19.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases