The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, NOW! After all those years of exporting- arguably- some of our worst TV.

Maybe American TV execs got embarrassed by the quality gap and...NAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Well, in the past you also exported Star Trek and The West Wing and The Sopranos. So don’t feel bad! :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
4 shows vs dozens? Seems balanced. ;). Especially when we have so many shows we ripped off from you guys.

I can’t remember which UK show it was that Three’s Company was inspired by, but I know Friends was inspired by Coupling.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
4 shows vs dozens? Seems balanced. ;). Especially when we have so many shows we ripped off from you guys.

I can’t remember which UK show it was that Three’s Company was inspired by, but I know Friends was inspired by Coupling.

It wasn’t an exhaustive list. :)

Coupling came after Friends, though. Steven “Doctor Who” Moffat, IIRC.

Zardnaar

Legend
There's been a lot of crap UK shows as well.

Percentage wise US tv probably isn't any worse than most countries efforts. With so much being made you are going to get a lot of crap.

Very rare for an American version of the show to be better than the UK one. Maybe Shameless and The Office ymmv though. British comedy shows are probably hands down better though to many good ones.

NZ tv is fairly atrocious though. We have made 1 great show and a handful of good ones.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
There's been a lot of crap UK shows as well.

Percentage wise US tv probably isn't any worse than most countries efforts. With so much being made you are going to get a lot of crap.

Very rare for an American version of the show to be better than the UK one. Maybe Shameless and The Office ymmv though. British comedy shows are probably hands down better though to many good ones.

NZ tv is fairly atrocious though. We have made 1 great show and a handful of good ones.

Would "The Almighty Johnsons" fit in there somewhere?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases