IRON DM 2016! (Sign-up and Scheduling)

Wicht

Hero
We are halfway to having a full compliment of contestants.

And again, if any old contestants would like to try their hand at judging rather than competing, send me a message.

Rune

Once A Fool
Still just two judges, though. Surely someone wants to jump in on the other side of the IRON DM screen.

Do it for Chairman Kaga!

image.jpeg

Wicht

Hero
We still need 3 Contestants, and have an opening for a Judge.

It would be great to get some new contestants - individuals who haven't competed before. If you compete, I don't think you will be sorry for the experience.

I was in the very first Iron DM tournament held on ENWorld and was hooked from the beginning. There are very few creative writing exercises quite like it, and the competition factor only heightens the sense of challenge. Having now written modules professionally for a handful of different companies, I can safely credit Iron DM as having helped hone some rather important skillsets that such writing requires, including how to write according to specs, how to write using someone else's ideas, and how to pitch an adventure in a limited amount of space.

All us DMs think we have a world of ideas floating around in our heads waiting to get out. Iron DM gives you a chance to let some of those ideas out.

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
I have been in the game twice before and havent made it past the first round yet. It has improved my writing skills and helped me to improvise as a GM. Dont be skeered, nobody bites!

Wicht

Hero
A morning bump and some shout outs....

[sblock]
Last year's competitors that we haven't heard from:
[MENTION=6762606]LucasC[/MENTION], [MENTION=40177]Wik[/MENTION], [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION], [MENTION=6562]Nifft[/MENTION] (who has been a judge)

Some other former contestants we haven't heard from:
[MENTION=1830]Waylander the Slayer[/MENTION], [MENTION=150]Radiating Gnome[/MENTION] (who has also been a judge), [MENTION=2342]phoamslinger[/MENTION] (who has also, also been a judge), [MENTION=6678460]UselessTriviaMan[/MENTION], [MENTION=41744]EP[/MENTION], [MENTION=6726030]Mike Myler[/MENTION], [MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION], [MENTION=1861]Loonook[/MENTION], [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION], [MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION], [MENTION=89612]Shoe[/MENTION], [MENTION=3192]howandwhy99[/MENTION], [MENTION=21629]ender_wiggin[/MENTION], [MENTION=8964]FickleGM[/MENTION]

[/sblock]

Again, with a plug, if you haven't done this before, we greatly encourage you to give it a go and throw your hat in the ring. You might be our 2016 Iron DM champion. But you won't know until you try.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
By the way, [MENTION=221]Wicht[/MENTION], I notice that you've removed the clause we've had for a couple of tournaments that asks contestants not to remove their entries after the tournament ends. Is that intentional?

Wicht

Hero
By the way, [MENTION=221]Wicht[/MENTION], I notice that you've removed the clause we've had for a couple of tournaments that asks contestants not to remove their entries after the tournament ends. Is that intentional?

No.
I don't remember removing that clause. I'll give it a look here in a bit and add it in if need be.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases