AGELESS Campaign Characters & Out-of-Game Talk

Silver Moon

Adventurer
AGELESS Campaign Characters & Out-of-Game Talk Thread! Post Away!

In the other thread I wrote:

Okay, how about this for a game plan.

1. Fenris will begin his module immediately following "Temple of the Cat Goddess"

2. I will start to prepare AGELESS Module Four, which will start in late October/early November with Callum's Knighthood (and possibly even lead to George & Ruby's wedding).

3. We seem to have around 200 readers at this point in time. So I'll throw out this invitation:

If any of you want to stop just reading and start playing (or playing again in the case of former players) I would welcome your participation in my next module following Fenris's. Both an English formal ceremony and the wedding of a wealthy and famous American industrialist could mean that ANYBODY IN THE WORLD could be present. So if you want to pull a figure from history, or create a new one, go right ahead!

And if any of you are readers of Alan Moore's "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" comics, I could use a player for the Campion Bond character (albeit, in this world he is around a decade older than the comic version.)

Last edited:

orchid blossom

Explorer
I had all the questions late last night, but now of course they've disappeared from my head. But here's a couple.

1) What are the chances that Abby could be related to Kevin Tomlinson in some way? I have no plan, I'm just curious. A plan could develop, who knows?

2) Research. Every time I try to do a bit I can NEVER find what I'm looking for. For example, I was trying to find some information on what life was like during the civil war for residents of New Orleans. I'm not even sure Abby was there at the time, her family could have split for England for a while. But except for the same book (which I did not have time to read) I couldn't really find anything. I'm guessing my google-fu just wasn't up to the job.

I imagine Abby's English family as fairly well to do, with a "country-house" and a house in town kind of situation. Probably a long-ago off-shoot of some noble line somewhere. However, I don't have any idea how to even begin to figure THAT out. Any advice is appreciated.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Could you imagine if Abby and Ruby were related?? The world might implode upon itself! :faint:

"Would you like some tea with your scone Lady West?" ...and Ruby gives Jake a look to kill...

I am not good with the Google-fu. Both Jonathan's seem to be excellent at it though - is this an academia thing? Someone will be along to help with that.
[MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] will be along to comment on timelines. He's had a module / storyline in mind for some time now which he's built the seeds of in the last game. I know not of this storyline so he'd have to come by and talk about it. I only said what I said already... leave England and wedding plans to Silvermoon. ;)

But my advice was if his idea is giving agita, scrap it, go with Silvermoon's idea and we'll figure out the rest later.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Silver Moon

Adventurer
1) What are the chances that Abby could be related to Kevin Tomlinson in some way? I have no plan, I'm just curious. A plan could develop, who knows?
Let's say 100%. Abby hasn't gone into much detail yet about his English relatives, so that would fit.

Please note that she would know nothing of Kevin's affiliation with the Watcher's Council. However Kevin would have received a full reporting about Mina Parker's encounter with Colin Turner back in June and Abby's affiliation with Mina Parker will probably also be known to the Watcher's Council by the time of the knighthood ceremony.

And thanks to Robert Lewis Stephenson's newspaper story the Watcher's Council would definitely know of Abby's affiliation with Callum Stuart. Please note that both The Watcher's Council and Callum's Torchwood group, despite being secretive organizations, are each very much aware of the other group's missions and some of their membership, as they often overlap in regards to the supernatural. However, due to drastically different methods and approaches that does not mean that the two groups like each other or work together if they can avoid it.

2) Research. Every time I try to do a bit I can NEVER find what I'm looking for. For example, I was trying to find some information on what life was like during the civil war for residents of New Orleans. I'm not even sure Abby was there at the time, her family could have split for England for a while. But except for the same book (which I did not have time to read) I couldn't really find anything. I'm guessing my google-fu just wasn't up to the job.
Well, they say that pictures are worth a thousand words. Here are images of New Orleans during the Civil War:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...vt=New+Orleans+during+the+Civil+War&FORM=IGRE

And here is a site with some additional information for you (including many references):
http://www.knowlouisiana.org/entry/civil-war-louisiana

I imagine Abby's English family as fairly well to do, with a "country-house" and a house in town kind of situation. Probably a long-ago off-shoot of some noble line somewhere. However, I don't have any idea how to even begin to figure THAT out. Any advice is appreciated.
Just don't make her a Stuart! :)

Seriously though, why don't you go with her as a direct descendant of John Digby, the 1st Earl of Bristol. He was a prominent 17th century diplomat during the English Civil War (and was also the subject of my father's Master's Thesis in English History). From his lineage a number of interesting people descended, including Winston Churchill and Princess Diana, but hundreds of lesser knowns as well.

Lots of information online about his estate, Sherborne Castle, which Digby acquired in 1617 from King James (and had previously been the home of Sir Walter Raleigh). There are a number of places that threads from that one could go - and potentially even tie in with my 4th AGELESS module regarding the sunken Spanish fleet. Obviously Abby's family does not live at Sherborne Castle, but their relatives might.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Fenris will be along to comment on timelines. He's had a module / storyline in mind for some time now which he's built the seeds of in the last game. I know not of this storyline so he'd have to come by and talk about it.
But my advice was if his idea is giving agita, scrap it, go with Silvermoon's idea and we'll figure out the rest later.
Very curious about what he has in mind! Regarding timelines, the the campaigns in this world have pretty-much stayed in calendar year 1882, so there is plenty of time for more. My tentative AGELESS Module #6 will take place in August of 1883, but I could just as easily do that one as my Module #4 and save the Spanish treasure fleet for later if that fits better with his timeline.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Ok gang,
My plans for the next chapter involve a quick turnaround on time. For, ...........reasons,mainly biological.

That being said, the total duration for the module shouldn't take too long in terms of the character calendar so a knighthood ceremony in November should still be able to be possible.

I figure a month should be more than enough to accomplish the goals for the players, assuming they live through it. Oh wait did I say that out loud?

So a couple of questions for the group since we are all here.
A) Did we want to recruit other players for this module or just dive right in with the three of you (which I can easily do and would let us start more quickly and presumably post more quickly).
B) Secondly, I know the game has been going on a long time, and this is a query not a mandate, how does the group, and especially Jon feel about updating our rule system? I am quite enamored with 5E, I think the characters could be converted quite easily and it would make adding new characters easier.

Thoughts?

Silver Moon

Adventurer
A) Did we want to recruit other players for this module or just dive right in with the three of you (which I can easily do and would let us start more quickly and presumably post more quickly).
I notified Steve about this thread.

B) Secondly, I know the game has been going on a long time, and this is a query not a mandate, how does the group, and especially Jon feel about updating our rule system? I am quite enamored with 5E, I think the characters could be converted quite easily and it would make adding new characters easier. Thoughts?
I would have to acquire some new books for that as I have not delved into 5th Edition at all yet, but I am flexible. As my friend Rick once said "Jon is never encumbered by the rules."

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Ok gang, My plans for the next chapter involve a quick turnaround on time. For, .........
We could kick off your Module #3 then if it immediately follows Egypt, and I could then use the Knighthood ceremony as the introduction of my Module #4. Lori's already gotten me started connecting the dots on that one.

Fenris

Adventurer
Well, since this is posted in public we might want to see if anybody else posts here to indicate that they want to join, plus I notified Steve about this thread. That said, if you want to keep it smaller I can go over to the Story Hour thread and delete the reference to this forum.

I would have to acquire some new books for that as I have not delved into 5th Edition at all yet, but I am flexible. As my friend Rick once said "Jon is never encumbered by the rules."

A) There is no reason that folks who wish to join can't and get ready for the post module fun.It is all a question of how fast we want to get going But yes we need Steve. Our core players including Steve are always welcome, and Steve can pop in and out as needed. And I just realized that our core is all the folks who came to our wedding! If we don't wait for new players I could start within in a week.

B) There is a 5E SRD to get you started. Luckily there isn't too many books to have to get really.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases