D&D 5E (IC) The Village

tglassy

Adventurer
Dydan looked at the human covered in some strange animal's fur. He crinkled his nose.

"Surface elf. As in, an elf from the surface. Seriously, I thought Common was a rather simple language. And do surface peoples really worship gods of fertility? Is that why there are so many of you?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal furrowed his brow.

"I thought you said that elves lived underground? As far as fertility gods, of course we do... well in the purple lands at least. This is a strange place. "

Lal straightened and looked at the villagers again. "Your guidance would be most beneficial. Through harmony we gain strength. And, huh, plows" he added, glancing at the surface elves.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

edit: [sblock=Minisheet]View attachment 82737 Lal Qalandar, of the Purple Lands
Human Barbarian (hermit)

AC: 13 (+1 dex, +2 Con due to unarmored defence)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1/1
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4, Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1 Charisma: -1

Skills: Athletics +5, Medecine +3, Perception + 3, Religion +1
Tools: herbalist's kit (hermit)
Language: Common, Yellow City Trade Tongue, Parbati, a bit of Lamarakhi[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Now now, brother," the other drow finally spoke up. "Play nice. Obviously these fine fellows have never had the pleasure of encountering anyone of the grand subterranean realms of elves before. We must be sure to make a good impression!"

With a wink to Dydan, Niimyr adds in a whisper in their own language, "Build trust before betrayal."

Stepping forward, the drow smiles radiantly at all present. Focusing his will, he plays a trick he learned from the fey, a glamor of sorts to get others to trust him.

"Dear people, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Niimyr, and like my brother Dydan here, I come from the faraway realm of subterranean elfdom. Looking to bring peace and prosperity to those who need it, we found ourselves on the surface where a friendly man told us of your plight. Thus we have come, like the others, heroes all or soon to be, and we will rid your village of the undead menace!"

And very quietly, Niimyr adds to his brother, "And rid your coffers of their contents."

OOC: Using the Fey Presence ability to make those around me Charmed.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb shot up to a sitting position, cold sweat covering his forhead. The nightmare was the same, and yet different. Another night seeing his own body in the mud, death, rape and looting all round him. Never before had it ended like this. A child, dead beside him, his flesh unnaturally rotting from his face, his skull suddenly bare snaps towards Harb, it's hollow eye sockets somehow staring at him the jaw moves and from some place a noise over the sounds of the chaos. "Meviiran".

That very evening the town crier spoke of the Dukes request for help. Surely this was a sign from Pelor. Harb packed his things and set out that very night.

Guarding a halfling merchant was far from the least glorious thing he had ever done, they tended to be a good people. This one drove a hard bargain but at least the company would make the long trip go by quicker. He did have such a strange and varied group with him though.

Harb talks little in the beginning of the trip except his prayers in the morning, settling in after a few days he's quick to laugh. He helps Lal get the wagon out of the mud on occasion. Always willing to help without being asked and never grumbling about it, seemingly happy enough when with others, or if he knows someone is paying attention. When he thinks noone is looking, when his guard is down, he seems troubled.

During the town meeting he stands in the back quietly and respectful, having given up the chair he occupied to an old farmer. Thinking to himself, absentmindedly rubbing the cloth that hangs from the hilt of his sword between his thumb and forefinger.

Typical politics, always need someone else to do the dirty work. What a young ignorant boy, full of innocent bravado, I wonder how he will take it when he first has someone close die in front of him? If your 'elfdom' is so great why did you leave? By Pelor get your hand of Erathis' crotch.

All through these thoughts he remains silent, dressed in his armor and a tunic with the symbol of Pelor on the chest. Doing his best to smile. That is until the last thought, with that one he lets out a laugh which makes it all the way to his belly before he manages to stop and cover his mouth.

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin watched the odd happenings as he slowly pulled his cart to a stop outside of the temple. This was a strange bunch. ~Well, at least I should seem positively normal by comparison. Though perhaps there is more profit to be had here than just trade. Maybe there's something of worth to be had in these barrows.~

But in the meantime, while weary from his first long trip, this situation had the looks of an opportunity not to be missed. The entire town all cooped up together talking about the one thing that had them all on edge? And the supposed band sent to help them acting very strangely? They might just be very interested in his wares right after the conclusion of this meeting.

With that thought in mind Dandin picked out a likely spot, hoping he wouldn't be be bothered by any officials. He tied up his mule under a tree nearby and began setting up a little impromptu trading stand.

Sent from my LG-H918 using EN World mobile app

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Using the Fey Presence ability to make those around me Charmed.

OOC: I had issues with Coyote code, so this will look wonky

third time is the charm? attemps to get this to work to get roll vs glamour (niimyr) : 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Lal looked at Niimyr as he spoke eloquently about the group's intentions. Yet... he felt an odd trickle go down his spine... magic?! What was he up to? Still smiling, Lal's eyes darted around, hoping no one else had noticed...

[sblock=Minisheet]View attachment 82737 Lal Qalandar, of the Purple Lands
Human Barbarian (hermit)

AC: 13 (+1 dex, +2 Con due to unarmored defence)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1/1
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4, Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1 Charisma: -1

Skills: Athletics +5, Medecine +3, Perception + 3, Religion +1
Tools: herbalist's kit (hermit)
Language: Common, Yellow City Trade Tongue, Parbati, a bit of Lamarakhi[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Fortunately, Thorn is sitting far enough from the two drow that she isn't aware of or affected by the use of that magic.

Privately she wonders what the hells the Duke was thinking having dark elves in on this...but then again, she had to admit there were probably people thinking the same about her as well. She'd give them a chance.

Quickleaf

Legend
Quickleaf (wood elf rogue 1)

Doing his best to recover from his social gaffe, Quickleaf listens a bit skeptically to the honeyed grace of the two drow brothers Dydan and Niimyr. Having not met one of their kind before, he tried to reserve judgment, but he'd grown up with stories of the elves living in dark citadels below the earth, banished for their betrayal of the Seldarine. Then again, humans and dwarves said many things about elven-kind – arrogant jackasses, duplicitous knife-ears, and less flattering turns of phrase – that hardly were true of himself.

"Respectfully, alderman," he says once the drow are finished, "while the Niimyr and his brother may be the ones you want going into a dark room first... You need us." Gesturing to Willow with a swagger, he bows in a particularly archaic way, the sort of bow a human child might give a monarch. "I and my traveling companion Willow were sent by no Sovereign, but there are elves buried in the Forbidden Barrow. Possibly our kin. Willow has mastery over the elven magics of old – essential to penetrate the Barrow's magical defenses." A bit of exaggeration never hurt a story or a sales pitch. "And I have a special skill set...if there's a door needs opening...a monster needs reasoning with...a scout needs silencing before sounding an alarm...then you need me. Eolais eth'Huran of the Deep Wilds, at your service, though my friends call me Quickleaf."

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow's eyes dart back and forth from Quickleaf to the alderman as she releases Slithergleam to take his typical place wrapped around the knobby head of her quarterstaff. She says nothing as her... can she yet call Quickleaf a friend, spins his words. It is true that she works with the old magics, but as to how essential she'd be is another issue. Her last dealings with the undead destroyed everything she held dear, and they hadn't the decency to take her with them! She only hoped that their next encounter would redeem her, and that this time she wouldn't run.

Remove ads