D&D 5E Rise of the Necromancer OOC

Creamsteak

Explorer
My thought at the moment is Variant Human Valor Bard taking the feat Heavily Armored. Conceptually a bit of a smarmy narcissistic wannabe warlord. Possibly something like an acolyte background to give him a strange occult-ish vibe. Buffs/encourages the party, insults/mocks the enemy. Wades into melee two-handing a longsword (for now, till maybe another feat unlocks a better option). Let me know if that's of interest.

Fenris

Adventurer
Queenie and I are interested. Queenie is looking at a rogue, maybe a con artist. I am fighting my urge to play a barbarian (since I always play one). So I am perusing classes still.

eayres33

Explorer
Will this be player versus player type of evil?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Not of any consequence. I expect there may be some bickering and there maybe some issues with jockeying for position within the group (but you see this in non-evil parties as well), but the group still has to function as a group.

So short answer no, not player vs player evil.

eayres33

Explorer
My thought at the moment is Variant Human Valor Bard taking the feat Heavily Armored. Conceptually a bit of a smarmy narcissistic wannabe warlord. Possibly something like an acolyte background to give him a strange occult-ish vibe. Buffs/encourages the party, insults/mocks the enemy. Wades into melee two-handing a longsword (for now, till maybe another feat unlocks a better option). Let me know if that's of interest.

I like it, we'd be starting at first but if you are confident you are going valor I'd move the medium armor proficiency up to level one so that concept would work.

Fenris

Adventurer
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] Have you considered the College of Blades as well?
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] Stats, equipment and such?

eayres33

Explorer
[MENTION=552]
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] Stats, equipment and such?
Stats are your choice of roll 4 drop the lowest, point buy, or standard array.

Equipment, you start with 100GP, plus whatever your background gives you. You can then choose to take the starting equipment for your class, or roll for your starting funds.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Excellent. I'll make up a rogue. I have one from a game that ended quickly, so I will probably just fix her up and be good to go. :D

eayres33

Explorer
So at the moment it appears we have,
FitzThe Ruke, playing a Warlock of some kind
Frada, playing a UA Ranger, (Beast Conclave)
Creamsteak playing a Valor Bard
Fenris playing not a barbarian
Queenie playing a rogue.

It’s looking like an interesting party. I’ll be posting some background on the different regions, and organizations that operate in the world over the next few days in case anyone wants to work that into their backgrounds.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
S'Funny. I was actually thinking Tiefling, but not as a race (story-wise) but as a pact-mutation. This idea works best when there aren't Tieflings in your world. So a fiend-pact human that is statted tiefling because he's slowly mutating into a demon. He looks more human than the tiefling art but has a ridge of spines (not obvious under his clothes), a vestigial tail, and his toes are turning into cloven hooves. As he levels, it gets worse. It's all very painful, but the price you pay for power.

Remove ads