D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Actually it's the last minute change that caused problems. If they hadn't made the last minute change they could have released the book faster

And if there was an mistake in that, would you then be complaining that they should have changed it before release? I'm sensing that the pleading here is very special.

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
One thing that amuses me is that it seems like folks imagine that this error was sitting in perfect isolation, the only thing that needed correction in the entire area. There might well have been a dozen errors on the page but here we are talking about the one that got missed, never having seen the eleven that were caught.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
One thing that amuses me is that it seems like folks imagine that this error was sitting in perfect isolation, the only thing that needed correction in the entire area. There might well have been a dozen errors on the page but here we are talking about the one that got missed, never having seen the eleven that were caught.

The UA arcane archer looked pretty error free to me. its hard to imagine 11 errors suddenly getting added to that if they didn't try to change it last minute.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
....so? Are we really arguing that there can never be an error, ever, in any first printing of any rule book? Why is this thread still happening?
Because if we shame the designers enough, these mistakes won't happen again, of course. Mistakes only happen to people of improper moral character, which public shaming will obviously correct.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
It's a win for digital publishing :) Error? Change, update - done! Though this would be via D&D Beyond? Though saying that, has a rpg publisher ever replaced one of their physical texts with corrected versions? I would guess not, with errata's being released in future documents the accepted norm. Be a nice gesture though.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
There wouldn't have been as it was the last minute change that caused the error.

Well, firstly, the claim of a last minute change has no evidence. Secondly, it's now clear that your issue isn't really the error but the fact that WotC changed the Arcane Archer in a way you don't like. The error is just your excuse. Why you feel the need to hide your actual complaint behind the error, I'm not sure. Perhaps you feel that complaining about the change directly will get you more opprobrium?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
It's a win for digital publishing :) Error? Change, update - done! Though this would be via D&D Beyond? Though saying that, has a rpg publisher ever replaced one of their physical texts with corrected versions? I would guess not, with errata's being released in future documents the accepted norm. Be a nice gesture though.

Not any publisher that's still in business. Margin is tight on printed material, eating into it by providing brand new copies to replace ones with a typo or three is a great way to not be in the publishing business anymore.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Well, firstly, the claim of a last minute change has no evidence. Secondly, it's now clear that your issue isn't really the error but the fact that WotC changed the Arcane Archer in a way you don't like. The error is just your excuse. Why you feel the need to hide your actual complaint behind the error, I'm not sure. Perhaps you feel that complaining about the change directly will get you more opprobrium?

Your side said they ran out of time because of a change late in the process. I should have known not to take your word for it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases