ZEITGEIST Vekeshi Excoriant prestige class

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I have not spent most of the skill points or 2 alchemical discoveries and have tried to limit my feat choices. But by default I have every published supplement turned on so I find it hard to limit the choices.

It gets good sneak attack, and good alchemy , as designed it uses 2 shortswords , could also use daggers for a wider choice of weapons you need to take a level of fighter or similar to get martial weapon proficiency or spend a feat to get proficiency with one weapon.

Toughness could be replaced by any other feat , improved critical is a good choice

Unnamed Hero
Human alchemist (vivisectionist) 17/unchained rogue 3 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 26, 134, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 72, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 20, Pathfinder Unchained 20)
Medium humanoid (human)
Hero Points 1
Init +6; Senses Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 10 (+6 Dex)
hp 146 (20d8+43)
Fort +12, Ref +18, Will +6
Defensive Abilities blade sense +1, evasion; Immune poison
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks sneak attack (unchained) +2d6, sneak attack +9d6 +2 Str damage
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) Extracts Prepared (CL 17th; concentration +20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +15; CMB +15; CMD 31
Feats Brew Potion, Combat Expertise, Double Slice, Greater Two-weapon Fighting, Improved Feint, Improved Two-weapon Feint[UC], Improved Two-weapon Fighting, Shadow Strike[APG], Throw Anything, Toughness, Two-weapon Defense, Two-weapon Feint[UC], Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +29, Stealth +29
Languages Common, Primordial
SQ alchemy (alchemy crafting +17), discoveries (crippling strike, eternal potion, extend potion, grand mutagen, greater mutagen, infusion), hero points, hidden blade, mutagen (+8/+6/+4/-2, +6 natural armor, 17 hours), poison use, prestige unseen court, prestige-flint, prestige-risur, rogue talent (firearm training[UC]), swift alchemy, torturous transformation
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Alchemy +17 (Su) +17 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Blade Sense +1 (Ex) +1 dodge bonus to AC vs. attacks made against you with light blades.
Combat Expertise +/-4 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Crippling Strike (Ex) Your sneak attacks do 2 points of Strength damage.
Eternal Potion (Su) Make extended potion permanent.
Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
Extend Potion (3/day) Cause any non-instantaneous potion to have 2x duration.
Grand Mutagen (Su) +6 nat AC, +8/+6/+4 to physical attributes, -2 to mental attributes
Greater Mutagen (Su) +4 nat AC, +6/+4 on two physical attributes, -2 on two mental attributes.
Hero Points Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Hidden Blade +1 +1 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal a light blade.
Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.
Improved Feint You can make a Bluff check to feint in combat as a move action.
Improved Two-Weapon Feint Make a Bluff check instead of your first attack
Infusion Create an extract can be used by anyone but takes up a slot until used.
Persistent Mutagen (DC 21) (Su) Mutagen adds +8/+6/+4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +6 nat. armor for 17 hours.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Prestige (Flint): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Prestige (Risur): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Prestige (Unseen): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Shadow Strike You can deal precision damage against targets with some concealment.
Sneak Attack (Unchained) +2d8/+2d4 +2d8 damage with a dagger-like weapon if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Sneak Attack +9d8/+9d4 +9d8 damage with a dagger-like weapon if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) Construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.
Torturous Transformation At 7th level, a vivisectionist adds anthropomorphic animal to his formula book as a 2nd-level extract. When he uses this extract, he injects it into an animal as part of a 2-hour surgical procedure. By using multiple doses of this extract as p
Two-Weapon Defense +1 to AC while wielding 2 weapons. +2 when doing so defensively.
Two-Weapon Feint Forgo first melee attack to feint

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

I have not spent most of the skill points or 2 alchemical discoveries and have tried to limit my feat choices. But by default I have every published supplement turned on so I find it hard to limit the choices.

It gets good sneak attack, and good alchemy , as designed it uses 2 shortswords , could also use daggers for a wider choice of weapons you need to take a level of fighter or similar to get martial weapon proficiency or spend a feat to get proficiency with one weapon.

Toughness could be replaced by any other feat , improved critical is a good choice

Unnamed Hero
Human alchemist (vivisectionist) 17/unchained rogue 3 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 26, 134, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 72, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 20, Pathfinder Unchained 20)
Medium humanoid (human)
Hero Points 1
Init +6; Senses Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 10 (+6 Dex)
hp 146 (20d8+43)
Fort +12, Ref +18, Will +6
Defensive Abilities blade sense +1, evasion; Immune poison
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks sneak attack (unchained) +2d6, sneak attack +9d6 +2 Str damage
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) Extracts Prepared (CL 17th; concentration +20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +15; CMB +15; CMD 31
Feats Brew Potion, Combat Expertise, Double Slice, Greater Two-weapon Fighting, Improved Feint, Improved Two-weapon Feint[UC], Improved Two-weapon Fighting, Shadow Strike[APG], Throw Anything, Toughness, Two-weapon Defense, Two-weapon Feint[UC], Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +29, Stealth +29
Languages Common, Primordial
SQ alchemy (alchemy crafting +17), discoveries (crippling strike, eternal potion, extend potion, grand mutagen, greater mutagen, infusion), hero points, hidden blade, mutagen (+8/+6/+4/-2, +6 natural armor, 17 hours), poison use, prestige unseen court, prestige-flint, prestige-risur, rogue talent (firearm training[UC]), swift alchemy, torturous transformation
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Alchemy +17 (Su) +17 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Blade Sense +1 (Ex) +1 dodge bonus to AC vs. attacks made against you with light blades.
Combat Expertise +/-4 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Crippling Strike (Ex) Your sneak attacks do 2 points of Strength damage.
Eternal Potion (Su) Make extended potion permanent.
Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
Extend Potion (3/day) Cause any non-instantaneous potion to have 2x duration.
Grand Mutagen (Su) +6 nat AC, +8/+6/+4 to physical attributes, -2 to mental attributes
Greater Mutagen (Su) +4 nat AC, +6/+4 on two physical attributes, -2 on two mental attributes.
Hero Points Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Hidden Blade +1 +1 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal a light blade.
Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.
Improved Feint You can make a Bluff check to feint in combat as a move action.
Improved Two-Weapon Feint Make a Bluff check instead of your first attack
Infusion Create an extract can be used by anyone but takes up a slot until used.
Persistent Mutagen (DC 21) (Su) Mutagen adds +8/+6/+4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +6 nat. armor for 17 hours.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Prestige (Flint): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Prestige (Risur): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Prestige (Unseen): 0 Most fantasy adventurers are “free agents,” with no boss but themselves, usually out on the edge of civilization with few allies they can call on in a pinch. In Zeitgeist, though, you and your fellow PCs may want to call in favors from the RHC, t
Shadow Strike You can deal precision damage against targets with some concealment.
Sneak Attack (Unchained) +2d8/+2d4 +2d8 damage with a dagger-like weapon if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Sneak Attack +9d8/+9d4 +9d8 damage with a dagger-like weapon if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) Construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.
Torturous Transformation At 7th level, a vivisectionist adds anthropomorphic animal to his formula book as a 2nd-level extract. When he uses this extract, he injects it into an animal as part of a 2-hour surgical procedure. By using multiple doses of this extract as p
Two-Weapon Defense +1 to AC while wielding 2 weapons. +2 when doing so defensively.
Two-Weapon Feint Forgo first melee attack to feint

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Yea, I love it! So starting from Un Rogue I should take first the 3 lv rogue and than start with vivisectionist? Or its better alternate from beginning? I see u writed there is something from ultimate magic that we dont use but anyway I didnt find it in the build, so probably there is not, or anyway I can change it with something else. I didnt get what u mean with "prestige (city)". As first 2 feats I suppose I have to get TWF and combat expertise, isnt it? Is the archetype of knife master stillgood? For the stats we have 20 pt, so probably I can do something like 10 18 (16 +2) 14 14 10 10, there is some better choice? Why did u put str 11? its necessary for some feats?

Anyway really thanks so I can build my character today before play.

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
The stats above include the level gains they were
16+2
Alchemists need a good int and a loss of Con was worth it for the bonus alchemical spells. DC's if you use offensive alchemical stuff and skill points

Levels were
Rogue 1
Alchemist 1
Rogue 2+3
Alchemist from then on
You could do Rogue 1-3 then alchemist

Strength 11 as with my stats I had 1 pt left over after getting the 12,16 and 14 and 1 pt in strength helps with carrying capacity while 1 pt anywhere else does nothing

Ignore the prestige stuff , it is Zeitgesit related but your GM will tell you about it along with the players guide, I just had it selected as a default to add to each character

Just see that the vivisectionist is in ultimate magic :( so not allowed. Damn I cant find an archetype that is not in UM and fit anyway for multickass with UR lol, ubelieveble. Sorry bcs u already did too much for my build, but I honestly didnt think to find all these problems for find an archetype to multiclass using just that books lol.

Levistej

First Post
One slightly offtopic question regarding prestige classes. Are prestige classes for the 5e conversion still planned as WotC has clearly abandoned the idea of that mechanic? If yes, at which character level/module chapter, are you planning to introduce them?

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Just see that the vivisectionist is in ultimate magic :( so not allowed. Damn I cant find an archetype that is not in UM and fit anyway for multickass with UR lol, ubelieveble. Sorry bcs u already did too much for my build, but I honestly didnt think to find all these problems for find an archetype to multiclass using just that books lol.

Your GM is insane , this is the problem. Ultimate magic is a somewhat ancient book with nothing unusual in it further Ultimate Combat which is allowed provided archetypes for martial characters and it's twin Ulimate magi provided them for Magic users banning one but not the other makes no sense.
I think Synthesist summoner is in your minimal allowed section, play one of them it is the most broken thing other than mythic rules published that should educate him about thoughtless banning, or play a straight Wizard all of those are vastly more powerful and complicated than his random ban's.

No other alchemist archetype is compatible with a rogue they are all bombthrowers which is not your concept. So as interesting things are banned you have the choice of Unchained rogue for TWF with sneak attack, Alchemist for alchemy it throws bombs and is more powerful than a rogue or you could do a magic using rogue with arcane , bulit properly though they are more of a wizard than rogue . Sorry I can't be of more help but I am used to dealing with sensible and reasonable GM's

Adb0782

Explorer
well yea, its kinda a pity that i cant play any of this characters bcs they r cool, i actually dont know why he didnt allow UM :p Anyway i suppose ill just take one or two lv in urban barbarian for the rage and than 18 or 19 lv un rogue, i dont see any other way. The arcane trickster its not really what i want even probably its more strong than what ill build. I was thinking also something with un monk but ill lost lots of sneak attack and i cant have that hight wisdom probably, also the archeologist (bard) can give me something usefull, but i dont know if it worth it dip some lv.

Adb0782

Explorer
even i was just realizing that pistolero its in ultimate combat, so i can use that build with un rogue that u posted, actually seem the most nice to play as the others r banned (lol) and give me anyway a choice on which weapon to use, till lv 11 when i can shot and hit in the same turn.

At level 11 you take the Sword and Pistol feat so you must have Point blank shot, rapid shot, two weapon fighting and snap shot by this level, that leaves you 1 or 2 other feats so pick them carefully

uhm...like some boost to hit and dodge?

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Glad something was useful!

You also need weapon focus with a firearm for Snap shot and hence Sword and pistol. Which leaves 1 feat before lvl 11
Clustered shot to overcome DR, Deadly aim for bonus damage, Quick draw to make switching between weapons faster or Combat reflexes to help with snap shot. I recomed Quick draw and Deadly aim ASAP with clustered shot if you find you are having problems with DR

I would take 1 level rogue, 1 gunslinger than 2 more rogue and 4 gunslinger after level 8 as much Rogue as you want.

Trying a chain:

1) Unchained Rogue: TWF (human bonus talent)
Quick draw
1) pistolero: point blank shot
2) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: combat trick: weapon focus (pistol)
3) Unchained Rogue: Rapid shot
2) pistolero
4)rogue talent: combat expertise
3) pistolero: rwo weapon feinting
5) unchained rogue: snap shot
4) pistolero: bonus talent: precise shot
6) unchained rogue: rogue talent: combat trick: combat reflex
5) pistolero: sword and pistol
7) unchained rogue: clustered shot
8) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: double slice

is this right?

What about the stat? I suppose I need some wis so 11 18 (16+2) 12 10 15 10 can be the right choice with 20 pt? Than boost 1 time wis and 4 times dex. Some better idea? The 12 CON makes me scared. 😅

ps is not worth anyyway get just 1lv in urban barbarian for the rage?

Last edited:

Remove ads