Archer build

Battlemaster Fighter 5 / Assassain Rogue X

Variant human with CE + SS as level 4 feat.
Turn 1 = Advantage (Assassinate) + 5X (Action surge and bonus action CE attack) 1d6+13 crossbow attacks + sneak attack + precision attack on "near" misses = amazing damage.
Turn 2 = 3X 1d6+13 crossbow attacks + sneak attack + precision on near misses

For a mid Level 6+ character than does everything you wanted this is one of the best IMO.

How are you getting that third attack on the second round?

CE still requires a free hand to reload, as per newer printings/errata regarding the ammunition property.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
How are you getting that third attack on the second round?

CE still requires a free hand to reload, as per newer printings/errata regarding the ammunition property.

Use a single hand crossbow. I thought that debate has been hashed out so much over the years that everyone was already on the same page about it. I'm surprised you even asked about it.

jgsugden

Legend
My favorite would be a kobold ranger (hunter) with the criminal background for 5 levels, then switch to bard for the last 15. You go from an outcast criminal monster to the most beloved of heroes...

Use a single hand crossbow. I thought that debate has been hashed out so much over the years that everyone was already on the same page about it. I'm surprised you even asked about it.

Yeah, I totally forgot about that for some reason. I had an image of dual-wielding and tacking on an extra attack in my head.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Battlemaster Fighter 5 / Assassain Rogue X

Variant human with CE + SS as level 4 feat.
Turn 1 = Advantage (Assassinate) + 5X (Action surge and bonus action CE attack) 1d6+13 crossbow attacks + sneak attack + precision attack on "near" misses = amazing damage.
Turn 2 = 3X 1d6+13 crossbow attacks + sneak attack + precision on near misses

For a mid Level 6+ character than does everything you wanted this is one of the best IMO.

This, except I'd go to fighter 6 for the extra feat (assuming you use them). Urchin or criminal background. Also fine to go Champion fighter instead for better chance at criticals, which stacks nicely with sneak attack damage.

This, except I'd go to fighter 6 for the extra feat (assuming you use them). Urchin or criminal background. Also fine to go Champion fighter instead for better chance at criticals, which stacks nicely with sneak attack damage.
You really want to get to Fighter 5/Rogue 3 with this build ASAP because that's where it all comes together. Then go from there.

Strongly disagree with picking Champion for this build. Better chance at criticals doesn't often translate to criticals when you need them the most. That extra crit is pretty much a waste if you get it in Round 4 instead of Round 1. Battle Master is definitely the superior choice, with Precision Attack adding more to your damage than extra 5% crit chance ever will, and when you actually need it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases