Votes: 7 18.4%
  • once per encounter

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • two or more potions per encounter

Votes: 6 15.8%

Draegn

Explorer
any insight as to why?

As [MENTION=15700]Sacrosanct[/MENTION] posted. The thieves in my game have alienated most of the other characters. They have placed their self interests above the party interests. Greed. There is an extreme amount of nasty stabbings going on in the back alleys of the city in a guild versus guild war. Many fights with the city watch. As well as general traps that sometimes kick off.

Before the situation was not so dire for the thieves, however, having told the other two groups of players to (insert colourful metaphors) in their activities to keep the city safe, the thieves are now alone.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
I have a love affair with potions and scrolls. I love, Love, LOVE handing out one use items way more than multi-use items. My players know this as I've just come out and baldly stated this fact. So they use potions and such all. the. time. This is, I assume, because they know that more are coming. What this also means is that I can pound the crap outta their characters with monsters that have special effects/attacks/etc. and they have a reasonable chance of surviving. It's also super fun and fascinating (for me) to watch them figure out creative uses for weird potions and scrolls.

YMMV, of course.

Using the poll above, I selected once a short rest because it was the closest.

Remove ads