OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Lou

Explorer
I'm moving into the next phase of my transformation from Lawyer to Grocery Clerk -- I'm in the process of Petitioning the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Professional Practice to change my status as an attorney from Active to Inactive. There is no joy in Mudville.

Sorry to hear that. I know that will save you on the cost of CLEs.

I am moving towards being a high school teacher of mathematics.

Leif

Adventurer

Yes, it will save me 100% of the CLE cost, which was about $250.00 to $300.00 per year, but it only saves me 50% of the annual license fee, which I find particularly odd. The difficult part is going to be hanging on for a couple of years until my income begins to approach what I was making at my earlier peak, but, eventually could easily set a new peak.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
There's a Disneyland in Paris??? Will wonders never cease? Is their "Grumpy" a wine-swilling, horny little dude, or is that "Happy?"

Yes, there is. And it's there for the last 25 years.
Fun fact: when it opened, because of the cultural differences between USA and Europe there was a problem with restaurant capacity. Namely, USA people go to Disneyland and then drip in over the day for lunches, coffee, inter-attraction bites and other fun.

In Europe, there is a rush hour between 12 and 14 hours, 'lunch time' when essentially everyone goes to eat. And ice cream stands are opening only after that time because no one is giving the kids ice cream before lunch. :D

I'm back and will resume my regular posting tomorrow

Leif

Adventurer

Incidentally, speaking of high school mathematics teachers, I've seen Elbert Frazier several times at Kroger fairly recently. He appears to remember me, and is always all smiles when he sees me, and I grin in reply. It's almost like he isn't embarrassed at all that one of his former students is working at the grocery store at age 50. And I've also seen Bettye [I think that's the way she spells it] Gibson there a few times. She was my homeroom teacher and english teacher in 8th grade at Annie Camp, at least I think it was 8th grade. Anyway, I was mullygrubbing to her about the whole grocery store lawyer thing, and she was very quick to tell me to quit that nonsense because if I'm happy, then that's all that matters.

You know, I wouldn't be happy if i had not pursued my education to its logical conclusion, but the education is not determinative of my destiny. And the more I think about it and consider my situation, the more I realize that having a good job with lots of room to increase my compensation, and good people to work with, and plenty of people to help, all while providing a legitimate service that people want and need for a reasonable cost, is not a bad place to be at all. And the education, well, that's just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't be happy if I didn't know SOMETHING to that degree. But that doesn't mean that I have to be an a$$hole lawyer and take advantage of people at their most vulnerable moments.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
also, speaking to mathematics, I have worked out an algorithm that unlocks any password. I will causes mahap and mayhem to all of the civilized world. HLS has declared me a weapon of math destruction.

Scotley

Hero
Incidentally, speaking of high school mathematics teachers, I've seen Elbert Frazier several times at Kroger fairly recently. He appears to remember me, and is always all smiles when he sees me, and I grin in reply. It's almost like he isn't embarrassed at all that one of his former students is working at the grocery store at age 50. And I've also seen Bettye [I think that's the way she spells it] Gibson there a few times. She was my homeroom teacher and english teacher in 8th grade at Annie Camp, at least I think it was 8th grade. Anyway, I was mullygrubbing to her about the whole grocery store lawyer thing, and she was very quick to tell me to quit that nonsense because if I'm happy, then that's all that matters.

You know, I wouldn't be happy if i had not pursued my education to its logical conclusion, but the education is not determinative of my destiny. And the more I think about it and consider my situation, the more I realize that having a good job with lots of room to increase my compensation, and good people to work with, and plenty of people to help, all while providing a legitimate service that people want and need for a reasonable cost, is not a bad place to be at all. And the education, well, that's just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't be happy if I didn't know SOMETHING to that degree. But that doesn't mean that I have to be an a$$hole lawyer and take advantage of people at their most vulnerable moments.

You should go on the graduation speaker circuit with that speech! I think when we were coming up it was all about getting an education. There wasn't really much talk about job satisfaction or really even career so much as the idea that if you went to college and got an education you'd live happily ever after. It is sad how naive we were.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You should go on the graduation speaker circuit with that speech! I think when we were coming up it was all about getting an education. There wasn't really much talk about job satisfaction or really even career so much as the idea that if you went to college and got an education you'd live happily ever after. It is sad how naive we were.

Amen!

Will try to get a post up for the next room tomorrow, if the consensus is to move on? Only heard from two of you so far.

Ready, boss.

Lou

Explorer

Unfortunately this is too true. I remember asking how you learn what actual jobs are out there instead of job titles and never could get any kind of response. It was like I was asking the wrong question.

Remove ads