D&D 5E yes, this again: Fighters need more non-combat options

Beowulf

First Post
Or the poster considers it a joke of a movement... which explains why he uses it in jest.

I don’t consider it a “joke of a movement” in fact I think it’s both important and about 5,000 years overdue...AND I think it’s perfectly ok to use it in jest. I lol’d.

Cyber-Dave

Explorer
I don’t consider it a “joke of a movement” in fact I think it’s both important and about 5,000 years overdue...AND I think it’s perfectly ok to use it in jest. I lol’d.

That’s a good way to defuse the movement of its gravitas. I don’t think being the “victim” of childish rhetoric should be equated with being the victim of sexual abuse.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
@Cyber-Dave

Saying #MeToo in a joking manner is not against the rules IMO. Besides even if it is against the rules your job isn't to call it out but to report the post you believe is against the rules.

Imaro

Legend
@Cyber-Dave

Saying #MeToo in a joking manner is not against the rules IMO. Besides even if it is against the rules your job isn't to call it out but to report the post you believe is against the rules.

Did he call it out as against the rules? Or did he give his own opinion on it as a post (which is exactly what anyone else is free to do with any other post since it's a discussion forum)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
We're not playing medieval simulator. And if we were then healing would be a long drawn out gruesome affair resulting in the death of most patients in these scenarios. In the rules of 5e the Medicine skill is useless. You can houserule it to be useful, but you can houserule anything.

What's up with you quoting people, replying to them, and then sticking them on block so they cannot respond?

TheSword

Legend
What's up with you quoting people, replying to them, and then sticking them on block so they cannot respond?

You know you’ll probably get blocked for asking that question!

If you get an answer, could you let us know the reason? Of course we have no way of knowing if the reason you is the real one as we can’t see what AdHoc writes.

I feel like I’m sharing a conversation with someone on the ethereal plane and my words aren’t ‘ghost touch’.

Imaro

Legend
Yes. He did call it out as against the rules. See below.

That's not what he did. He stated that it would be a breach if the poster thought what you posted, but since we don't know motivation or thoughts behind posts (unless told by the poster) there's no way to know for sure.

Cyber-Dave

Explorer
I meant exactly what I said. Either you think the sheer percentage of women who have been sexually assaulted is a horrific statistic, in which case one should not crack jokes that equate sexual assault with somebody responding and then blocking you, or you are a garbage human being who thinks that it’s no big deal that women are sexually assaulted with a scary degree of prevalence/thinks that women lie about being sexually assaulted in mass numbers, in which case cracking a #MeToo joke would be a breach of the terms of service. In either case, the “#MeToo” tag was inappropriate, and I would personally appreciate it if people could avoid the joke and we could all drop the subject, as I am pretty sure our entire discussion just strayed out of the terms of service...

Last edited:

Remove ads