Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Vanishes From DTRPG; Now With Studio 2?

A couple of weeks ago, we noticed that Warhammer 40,000 Wrath & Glory was no longer listed on publisher Ulisses North America's website. At that time, it was still available on DriveThruRPG, but it seems that that is no longer the case. Not only that, but the game has now appeared on Studio 2 Publishing's website!

wrathglory.png

The last update we had was that Ulisses was "just negotiating with Games Workshop how exactly it proceeds". However, now a search on TRPG for the game turns up no titles and the books no longer appear on Ulisses' DTRPG page (although the category is there -- it's just empty). Direct links to product pages result in "We're sorry... This title is not available. Here are some other titles you might like."

Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 11.54.16.png

The game has been out for less than a year. It's a licensed game, licensed from Games Workshop by Ulisses. At present, Ulisses isn't saying anything.

UPDATE -- as pointed out by eyeheartawk in the comments, Studio 2 Publishing now has a storefront for WH40K Wrath & Glory. Retailer Miniature Market said that "We are now stocking the game through Studio 2 Publishing. Please direct all questions to them."

Last edited by a moderator:

Miniature Market is saying they are getting it through Studio 2 now? https://twitter.com/MiniMartTalk/status/1082285145623801857

And lo and behold Studio 2 has a storefront for it: https://studio2publishing.com/collections/wrath-glory-rpg

Perhaps Ulisses couldn't support it any longer and transferred it?

Studio2 provides printing / publishing services to a lot of RPG companies (as I mentioned two posts above this in reference to Traveller, see their Client List on the front page).

Oddly enough Ulisses Spiel is on Studio2's Client List. Maybe they were printing it for them previously?

aramis erak

Legend
My understanding was that PDFs you bought would remain in your library regardless if they got pulled from the marketplace or not. If that's not the case I would contact DTRPG support.

DTRPG has had to takedown items from time to time.

THey pulled down ALL the D&D stuff I'd bought when 4E launched. It reappeared last year.

Publishers can pull product at either level (no longer for sale, no longer downloadable).

Also... I hope C7 does a better presentation job than Ulisses did.

One other thing: Many licensed games become property of the IP holder the moment published. Star Wars, for example. FFG doesn't own the copyrights, Disney does. FASA Star Trek was published as Paramount's copyright. Most of the GW derivatives were published under GW's copyright. Even Warhammer FRP 2E and 4E. Firefly RPG is published as copyright TCF, not MWP.

It's interesting to note that both MWP and Eden Studios havn't had to remove the PDFs from point of sale, nor even stop updating them, after the end of their TCF licenses. They did stop producing new product, and dead tree... I suspect TCF may see the residuals as better than nothing until a new licensee wants to touch it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases