• Bard

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Cleric

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Druid

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Fighter

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Invoker (Avatar, Allegiant, Divine Soul)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Paladin

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Ranger

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Shaman

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Warden (Bravestar? Wild guardian)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Warlord

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Wizard

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Assassin

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Monk

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Psion

Votes: 6 14.0%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Clone just the Fighter.

Most likely, the person making the clone is going to barely get that far before they realize just how much work it is and then come to the conclusion its easier to just play the regular game without bothering to clone it.

But if by some chance they actually get the Fighter fully cloned, then they can move onto the Rogue, then the Cleric, then the Wizard and so on. There's absolutely no reason to start worrying about what are classes 5 through 12 when you haven't even gotten classes 1 to 4 taken care of.

GreyLord

Legend
Clone just the Fighter.

Most likely, the person making the clone is going to barely get that far before they realize just how much work it is and then come to the conclusion its easier to just play the regular game without bothering to clone it.

But if by some chance they actually get the Fighter fully cloned, then they can move onto the Rogue, then the Cleric, then the Wizard and so on. There's absolutely no reason to start worrying about what are classes 5 through 12 when you haven't even gotten classes 1 to 4 taken care of.

I actually started the poll after working on the Cleric and realizing how much work it was just for that one class (especially with essentials tossed in).

For the next week I'm going to finish the Cleric (almost there), and then skip ahead to combat rules, skills and feats and then come back to the classes most likely. Next I'll work on integrating the essentials Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard with the core ones into one class with options from both.

That should give time to see if what it looks like (results currently seem to be indicating warlord, paladin, warlock and druid as the leading groups...druid may be the hardest of the group to do though...with bard and ranger trailing) in the poll are actually what the results show.

Raith5

Adventurer
For me it is the big 4 plus bard, paladin, ranger and warlock.

I am happy with the avenger and warden being subclasses of the paladin, barbarian and warlord being subclasses of the fighter

I said it and I will say it again, the keys of a class are:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Fun gameplay. Class features not too complex and useful for players.

- Interesting background. A class isn't only a list of superpowers. Each class is a mark of identity, like clothes by urban tribes.

---

I imagine avenger class like witch-hunter of the inquisitor from Pathfinder, more aggressive, but also to search, find and discover enemies, and also a stealth power/skill-breakers.

My own version of the warden is only a forest paladin or ranger with armour, but more like the bionoid from Spelljammer and the lifeshape technology by the rhul-thaun from Athas. The warden is the product of primal magic and reverse engineering to create something like a symbiont with powers like monster traits. They aren't hunters or predator but more like plague-control. And the seeker would be like a ranger with some primal spells, but like Aloy, the main character of the videogame "Horizon Zero Dawn", learning tricks about "lifeshape" technology or biopunk magic.

The shaman would be like a hybrid class, primal spellcaster but with totem powers about monster or animal traits like the incarnum soulmelds by the totemist class.

- The assassin is a stealth class but also a martial adepts like the classes from "Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords" with magic martial maneuvers about shadow.

- The warlord should be a martial adept with the maneuvers from the white raven school. ("TB:B9S").

- I see the invoker class like a mixture of the summoner class from Pathfinder and the binder with vestige pact magic from "Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow and Truename", with a subclass with incarnum soulmelds. I would be like a pokemon trainer or digimon master, a tamer of monster pet or like this.

Satyrn

First Post
Clone just the Fighter.

Heh. Iwas a homebrewing fiend in 3e, making several new base classes and a whole host of prestige classes, along with new feats. Then 4e came along, and I boggled at how much more work it would take to make a new class. I just stopped homebrewing cold.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna run the game with the regular options." And it was glorious.

Even now, in 5e, my homebrewing is restricted to making monsters, with the lightest touches on the PC side (which boils down to new gear: guns and magic items)

Yaarel

He Mage
So far.

Warlord
Fighter
Wizard
Rogue, Cleric

Druid, Warlock
Swordmage, Paladin
Avenger
Bard, Ranger, Warden
Shaman

Invoker
Sorcerer

Psion
Monk, Barbarian

Assassin

Bawylie

A very OK person
Get the core 4 right first. Then move into 4 other classes by power source. Divine, Arcane, Martial, Primal, Psionic.

Yaarel

He Mage
Get the core 4 right first. Then move into 4 other classes by power source. Divine, Arcane, Martial, Primal, Psionic.

Actually, doing them in chunks of 5, eventually covers all of them. For 4esque, Warlord seems ‘core’. And there are 5 sources: Psionic, Arcane, Divine, Primal, and Martial. Maybe treat Bard as mind-affecting Psionic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases