D&D 5E 5E Podcasts?

Jake Johnson

First Post
Anyone know any discussion podcasts for 5e? Critical Wits is the only one I know of, and it's periodic at best.

I haven't heard an actual play RPG podcast that didn't make me want to slowly push a long sharp object into my ear. So I can't say I'm that big on those. :D

For me it's the wildly inconsistent mic levels that create the biggest challenge. I made it through about 20 minutes of the WotC play through of the Starter Set before I had to give up. I like the content, but the production seems pretty rough. To be fair, it would be a ton of work to do it right. It seems like you'd have to mic everyone separately and then edit and mix the whole thing down. I do learn a lot though. I think I just need to listen/watch when I'm not tired.

Agamon

Adventurer
Misdirected Mark is going to spin off a bi-weekly podcast dedicated solely to 5e D&D. I expect that they will have the first episode out in a couple weeks. I was a guest on the regular MM podcast a few weeks ago, and we spent most of the show talking D&D: http://misdirectedmark.com/mmp-116-dd-cometh/.

And just a few minutes after posting this, I see the new podcast went live: http://misdirectedmark.com/dwdd-1-dragons-tiers-and-diversity/

I was just going to post about this here. Looking forward to checking it out!

SigmaOne

First Post
The Tome Show looks good. I'm giving it a try. Thanks for sharing it.

No problem. I've listened to one or two and thought they were pretty high quality. I had forgotten about them, but then some RPG bigwig (SlyFlourish maybe?) recently tweeted about how he thought they were one of the best. So, it was fresh in my mind. I have to go back and listen, myself.

TheRpgAcademy

First Post
Hey,
Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread

our site has both Actual Plays with the Play Test packets of Next and now that it's out we have a new official 5e Podcast. We also do a bi-weekly General Advice and Discussion podcast called Table Topics. it's all pretty general advice but we cover 5e a lot right now.
Hope you'll check us out.

Www.TheRpgAcademy.com

GodsfallDC

First Post
Godsfall

I produce a podcast following the adventures of a group of Washington DC-based 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons players in a custom campaign setting called Godsfall. The podcast follows the live campaign as we play, as well as notes on being a DM and creating your own custom fantasy setting.

Podcast #001 - The History of Godsfall
Podcast #002 - Dorro Knott
Podcast #003 - Phryane Tinueth
Podcast #004 - Xion Praeten
Podcast #005 - Torrvic Wildtongue

Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks!

View attachment Godfalls-Map1.jpg

Last edited:

Podcasts can be okay but I want one where they actually play the game at least 50% of the time instead of yacking and joking around (non-roleplay) being in the majority. Yeah, I know that's what most of us really do at the table, but most of us aren't distributing our games for public consumption.

GodsfallDC

First Post
Agreed, WH - I'd say our podcasts are going to be roughly 75% actual game play, 25% everything else (including story recaps of the last week's game).

[MENTION=6791064]GodsfallDC[/MENTION], I love your dramatic flair and (seemingly) fluid integration of skill checks when walking Dorro through the intro scene. The website is killer and I can tell you've put a lot of time into world building. Looking forward to the beginning of the campaign and wishing I still lived near DC!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases