Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

ddaley

Explorer
Maybe they'll release a separate document with that information soon? I don't have the book yet, but based on the description, it doesn't look like it is included in the book... and I don't see any documents for download on the wotc site yet. I wouldn't get too discouraged yet.

Kool but kinda a bummer wanted to play with tortle ppl. Thanks for sharing the info though. Which are the backgrounds if you know any specifics?

Edit: spelling errors due to big fingers and a small phone...

JesterOC

Explorer
This is correct. The hardcover definitely has tons of great content for DMs who want to run levels 1-4 characters in Port Nyanzaru. My point was that there really isn't an "easy to run adventure" for those lower levels for DMs with limited time to prep. For DMs who have the time and inclination to build their own level 1-4 adventure with the pieces from the book, there is definitely a ton of great material there to do so with.

Shawn
Agreed. Taking a better look at it this lunch, the city does not contain any mini adventures. Their are many personalities, many little things to do, and information to glean, but no in City mini adventures.
There are many points of interest throughout the land that have information ranging from a simpler paragraph to a full map with many numbered areas. If I counted correctly there are 14 of those kinds of sites that have maps associated with them. In general these locations seem to be challenging for levels 1 through 6.
If you want to run it pure sandbox mode the players will have to be careful least they step into an area they can't handle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quickleaf

Legend
Kool but kinda a bummer wanted to play with tortle ppl. Thanks for sharing the info though. Which are the backgrounds if you know any specifics?

Edit: spelling errors due to big fingers and a small phone...

Anthropologist & Archaeologist. Doubling down on the Indiana Jones / Lost Continent feel.

If you go to https://www.dndbeyond.com/marketplace/source/25 there's a list of all magic items & monsters included in ToA as well.

JRedmond

Explorer
What about the ten side quests?

Agreed. Taking a better look at it this lunch, the city does not contain any mini adventures. Their are many personalities, many little things to do, and information to glean, but no in City mini adventures.
There are many points of interest throughout the land that have information ranging from a simpler paragraph to a full map with many numbered areas. If I counted correctly there are 14 of those kinds of sites that have maps associated with them. In general these locations seem to be challenging for levels 1 through 6.
If you want to run it pure sandbox mode the players will have to be careful least they step into an area they can't handle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

fjw70

Adventurer
Sorry, its behind a login screen.

Here is a quick copy and paste.

Amulet of the Black Skull
$1.99
VIEW DETAILS
Bookmark
$1.99
VIEW DETAILS
Ghost Lantern