(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ve been looking over this spell, Armor of Agathys. It is beastly at high levels, especially if you can get resistance or damage reduction or something. I’m think Titus’ next Feat will be Heavy Armor Master. A -3 reduction on all nonmagical damage, with Armor of Agathys on? With a lvl 5 spell slot, that’s 30 cold damage with every hit. Add in a Blade Ward cantrip for universal resistance, and then wade through enemies, allowing them to hit him. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

Of course, since he’s a multi class I’ll have to wait till lvl 5 to get an ASI. And that’s if I continue as a fighter. If I go Warlock, it would be lvl 6. If I mix it’ll be lvls 7 and 8, though we’ve come this far, almost 2 years later, and we’re still trucking along, so we could get there.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
It can be scary. But it wastes one of a Warlock's very few slots. Sounds good for Titus perhaps. But Mord, for instance, needs to rely on a meat shield or three for survival. That, and his crazier spells.

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, it really is for the up close and personal Warlocks, who can get a real good AC, decent HP and doesn’t mind getting dirty. If the goal is to stay away from melee combat, it’s not as great.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Answering a few of [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]'s Questions: (Better late than never!)

It might be too late to change this, and it might be a little meta, but knowing what I know about goblins, if both Green Flame Blade’s extra fire damage were to hit the same goblin, the one that got frosted, instead of the first one hitting the hobgoblin, then that goblin would likely be dead. Having one less goblin to worry about would be very nice going in to the next round...

I can't remember now but I think at the time, the Hobgoblin was the only one within 5' of the the goblin you killed. The other goblin was within 5' of TITUS, but not the Goblin. At any rate, you're right that it's a bit late (and a bit meta). I'll keep it in mind in the future, though. (I mean to maximise your use of the spell as best I can, within reason).

Also, the goblin that shied back, did he move back and therefore grant an Opportunity Attack, or did he just not attack?

Just fluff. I think I was describing his terrible miss as him chickening out. The one that ran away disengaged, this round.

Have we all gone?

Looks like. I'll try to get to everyone ASAP so I can roll the round over.

This weekend was Free Comic Book Day (Remember I own a Comic and Game store) so I was stupidly busy. I also bought no less than TWELVE comic collections (of varying sizes) this week, so I've been sorting comics like a madman.

I'll see what I can do to move things along!

Fradak

Explorer
Sorry for Tommi. Enseth is ok to help with his familiar but I used ORB action before Kobold's turn, hoping to kill the Bugbear in one shot. I had to roll 3+ to kill it (but rolled a 1).

Remove ads