Massive $750 10-Book "The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition" From Cubicle 7

Cubicle 7 has just announced a WFRP 4th edition collectors' edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay classic campaign The Enemy Within. It comes in 10 books, contained in 5 slip slipcases, and will be an enormous $749.95!

Image-1-5-Cases-2-768x721.jpg

"The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. It also includes five bonus Companion volumes filled with commentaries, additional material, new subplots and characters, and so much more.
Originally printed over 30 years ago, the Enemy Within campaign is the sequence of WFRP adventures that inspired an entire generation of gamers. It frequently tops polls of the best campaigns ever written, and is widely regarded as one of the most influential roleplaying modules ever written.

We are bringing this classic adventure up-to-date for WFRP 4th edition. To do this, one of the original authors, WFRP legend Graeme Davis, is creating a Director’s Cut of the entire campaign, adding three decades of playtesting and commentary to the existing adventure. He is also revisiting the last two adventures of the campaign, and rewriting them to match his original intentions for how the campaign should conclude.

This super limited, very special edition of the Enemy Within bundles together the five campaign books alongside the five new companion books into an almighty 10-volume Collector’s Edition. This extraordinary set is presented in 5 high-quality slipcases printed with the standard edition cover art. Each of the books has a special ‘Tarot Card’ cover designed solely for the Collector’s Edition by WFRP artists Sam Manley and Andy Law."

The full set is a whopping $749.95 and is available for pre-order now.

Lots more info here!

smiteworks

Explorer
I then lost all of the books to Hurricane Harvey last year and the insurance company would not pay to replace the books because "I already read the books and so they have almost no value..."

What insurance company was this? I live in hurricane alley, so I want to make sure I never use that particular insurance company. They might all suck, but this one is confirmed. Make 'em famous.

pogre

Legend
Very, very tempting. I was so disappointed in how they ran the last pre-order that I am holding back, but I do not know how long I will resist.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Well people bought the $500 Dragon Heist box ... why not a $750 set of books?

There must be a market for super high end exclusivity ... I just don't see $75 per book value. If it was $500 I would think that is more reasonable, but I can see someone in sales going ... if they're going to drop $500 they'll probably spend $750. There is a value people wont go over and then there is a value where people who want it will just pay it.

I am guessing $300 is probably the limit most gamers would consider.

The collector in me is tempted but my wife would kill me. :p

I'm curious. Doesn't GW update the WH game constantly? (Maybe I have old data as I don't keep track of GW at all.) Will the game system update in an incompatible way any time soon after such a purchase. (I feel I'm out of touch here.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm curious. Doesn't GW update the WH game constantly?

Warhammer, the minis wargame, is notorious for continual change (in part to continue driving minis sales).

Warhammer Fantasy Role Play (WFRP), the RPG, has only seen 4 editions since it was released in 1986, the most recent of which was released last year.

Yeah, I’m glad these sorts of luxury products (see also Beadle & Grimm's, of which I did splurge on the silver Saltmarsh release) exist, even if I can't really justify that expense most of the time. It shows a depth and growth to the hobby that didn’t exist prior (I can remember people grousing about the comparatively paltry price of Ptolus when it came out).

There must be a market for super high end exclusivity

Warhammer, the minis wargame, is notorious for continual change (in part to continue driving minis sales).

Warhammer Fantasy Role Play (WFRP), the RPG, has only seen 4 editions since it was released in 1986, the most recent of which was released last year.

Thanks for the info. I knew there was something high-turnover involving GW.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases