Assassination 2: The Lost Children

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Bring them closer together if you can! Single step suffices." telepathic voice echoes in Alexia and Czerns head.
[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION]
OOC: Not really super important, but if Ogre 1 steps "down" 1 all three will be within blast 5. Same for #3, but Rhona blocks it...

Bellegon weathers the hit, but is aware he cannot take more then one or two such. His powers, suitable to deal with this kind of confrontation are few and far between.
Still, there is nothing to be done about it except not to present such juicy target next time.

He curses the brute and in a feat of sleight of hand, replaces his main hand rod and attacks the brute with a dagger in single action. Despite the speed (or because of it) little dagger only scratches at the ogres armor without penetrating. The drow quickly retreats from the brute, causing another swing, but nible drow evades it and races back toward the party, pulling shadows along as he goes.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Curse Ogre 4, gain +2 to defenses against it
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs AC (Ogre 4); damage; curse (1d20+13=18, 1d4+5+1d6=7, 1d6=5) - probably a miss, if by any chance this is a hit then slide the ogre 1 square down and to the right and not trigger OA
Move: E15, gain shadowwalk concealment
triggers OA: Ogre OA vs AC 23 (Bellegon); damage (1d20+13=16, 2d8+7=21) - miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
Bellegon DarksunSTATUS:
CURSED: Ogre 4
Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 14, Darkvision
HP 49/65 Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 7/7
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 20
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor
Fast Hands: once per round stash or retrieve item as free action

Cloud of Darkness
Second Wind
Cursebite
Shadow Step
Shared Agony
Life Siphon
Confounding Laugther
Takedown Strike

Your Glorious Sacrifice
Twilight of the Soul
Ring of Pain

Talon amulet - Daily: Minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter
Knifethrower gloves: Daily : Free Action. When Bellegon hits with a thrown weapon attack he can add +5 power bonus to damage roll
Grand master training (gloves of eldritch admixture): 5/5 charges
Rod of Avernus - Daily: minor action - enemy that ends its turn adjacent to Bellegon takes 5 psychic damage 'till the end of the encounter

Acrobat boots: at-will: stand up as minor

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Not really super important, but if Ogre 1 steps "down" 1 all three will be within blast 5. Same for #3, but Rhona blocks it...

OOC: I already tried to bunch them up, but I missed the two Ogres that could be moved and hit the one that it didn't matter. Go figure.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: I have a way, but it involves targeting Fort :(. Since I would also like the ogres to be in a 5x5 square, I'm going to wait to see if Czern can pull it off.

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 9
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 70/70 | Bloodied: 35 | Surge value: 17 (15 when bloodied) | Surges: 11/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Ballad of the Zombie King, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery, Wail of Anguish
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Laurel Circlet, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Neurotic

Venakhad presents his holy symbol and flare of sacred flame burns closest ogre while enveloping darkness loving drow into stark shadows cast by the light.

Bellegon hears Venkhads powerful telepathic voice:
"Revel in Dol'Arrah's protection, drow, for honor is armor stronger then any shadow."

[sblock="Actions"]
Standard: Sacred Flame vs Ogre 1 Ref; Radiant damage (1d20+14=23, 1d6+7=13) - Bellegon/@MetaVoid gains 8 temp hp

Move: A8

Immediate Interrupt when either Bellegon is hit by one of the ogres or another ogre scores critical hit against one of the allies, if neither happens, leave it unused:
Reverent Mettle
[sblock="(Immediate Interrupt)"]
when An ally within 5 squares takes damage from an attack; encounter) ✦ [Divine]
Close burst 5
Effect
Reduce the triggering attack's damage by 8. Special: When Venakhad uses his Channel Divinity power he regains the use of reverent mettle
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia flings a distracting hex into one of the ogres. She then steps forward, throws back her head, and sings a note that rises into a wail, causing physical pain to her nearby foes.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Ogre 3. Hits Will 32 for 12 psychic damage, and he takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Move: Move to B18.
Minor: Activate Wail of Anguish. Until the end of my next turn, when an enemy starts their turn within 3 squares of me, I'll use an opportunity attack to make a +12 vs Will attack. On a hit, they take 5 damage and can't shift until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 9
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 70/70 | Bloodied: 35 | Surge value: 17 (15 when bloodied) | Surges: 11/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Ballad of the Zombie King, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery, Wail of Anguish
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Laurel Circlet, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: Can we move on? If we take 10 days per round we'll be into 2014 before we finish the adventure. Not like there are plenty others waiting, but still.

Can you tell I have little more time on my hands? ;)

Remove ads