[OOC DISCUSSION] Daunton's Dead Past. DM: FourMonos

Okay, stupid question time, but who is Max on the map? Did we get a a Verm and Max on accident?

also, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] you missed with the charge, I assume the 7 damage is from Furry of Blows, but what is the ongoing damage from?

ongoing comes from a feat Slashing Kama Style - Drew can turn (and does) any flurry of blows into ongoing damage. Since it is only one per round it is not really terrible, but another feat (Beshaba's Boon ) gives him 5 temp hp any time someone fails saving throw against an effect he imposed. So...any time anyone does not save from the flurry, not only they get two ticks of damage instead of one, but he gets some temps.

But of course, the damage is delayed by a full turn, so it occasionally happens that it doesn't trigget at all. If I want to apply damage immediately (for example, the target is alredy taking ongoing or I think it is near death) I will note it in the post just as I do with ongoing.

Max is Ursa Maximus, one of the pets of our dear pet dog druid :p

FourMonos

First Post
Well, since you guys are wealth of information today, can anyone refresh me on grabs and grab escapes, I think it is a full action, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, doesn't size have something to do with escape attempts?

Voda Vosa

First Post
If the attack hits he is damaged and grabbed until he escapes. As far as I recall, he needs a STR check vs my reflex or fortitude save, whichever is higher (I think I have a 22). If he makes it, he's free, if not, he's grabbed. He uses a move action to escape I reckon.

Neil1889

First Post
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION], will that pull PCs too? I mean, can it affect our characters? You know, like MetaVoid told me to freely target him in the area spells so you're asking for our permission...or is it just tactical question.

Neil, if it doesn't affect our characters, I don't have any issues with grouping the monsters all together. :)

Target: Each enemy in burst. I can't pull them through blocked squares (unless they have friends there), though. Since some folks have moved about since my earlier post in this thread, maybe where Illarion is currently standing would be good spot now.

Anwyay, it is a temporary condition for this petrification, ain't it? Save ends?

If it ever matters, Lilli can deal with afflictions with rituals. Or Raise Dead for that matter. Might want the money back for the really expensive ones, though (perhaps Lilli and Lerrick should eventually start some sort of insurance scheme - ie. characters make sure they have the components needed).

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Target: Each enemy in burst. I might struggle to pull them trough blocked squares, though. Maybe elsewhere.

Anwyay, it is a temporary condition for this petrification, ain't it? Save ends?

If it ever matters, Lilli can deal with afflictions with rituals. Or Raise Dead for that matter. Might want the money back for the really expensive ones, though (perhaps Lilli and Lerrick should eventually start some sort of insurance scheme - ie. characters make sure they have the components needed).

Yes, it was save ends. And now it has ended. :) Lucky duck indeed!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hmm ... Is Raiyek able to take advantage of the free 2-square shift from Fhangrim's power? I think it depends on when that movement is supposed to happen. If it happens when Fhangrim used the power, then I think I'm out of luck, as Raiyek was petrified at that time. If it can happen any time during the round, I think I should be able to use it after he un-petrifies, since you can take free actions even when it is not your turn.

I think it's up to you, Mr. DM. :) If he can use it, Raiyek will shift to E27 to set up a nice Strength from Valour on all those gargoyles. Scratch that, he'll shift to I28 to be closer to the beholder. The rest of you can handle the gargoyles. ;) Also, if the beholder makes an attack roll against anyone within 5 squares of Raiyek, he'll use Charge of the Conqueror (drawing sword as part of that action due to his ruby scabbard). I'll post the same in the IC thread so it doesn't get lost.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Gargoyles attacking anyone may have to make saves to avoid hitting an ally, what with the Phantom Echoes power fro Lilli, so it may save Mikara a hit. G1 is prime target for being clawed by its fellow statuary.

Remove ads