Gen Con Expands!

relief from overcrowding for sure. I'm happy about it!

Arnix

First Post
It is already taking over the city. When I last went (2014) we had 7 people log on at noon ET to get a room. The system either timed out or the rooms were gone while we were clicking on the buttons to reserve them. It was a nightmare. We ended up 7 miles out and on the shuttle line. That was a mistake. The housing situation is my main complaint about GenCon. Man, the housing situation is terrible.

hawknsparrow

Explorer
It is already taking over the city. When I last went (2014) we had 7 people log on at noon ET to get a room. The system either timed out or the rooms were gone while we were clicking on the buttons to reserve them. It was a nightmare. We ended up 7 miles out and on the shuttle line. That was a mistake. The housing situation is my main complaint about GenCon. Man, the housing situation is terrible.
Uber can be a beautiful thing if your a few miles out next time.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Right next door, there is a tunnel that connects the two. So you will never have to go outside.
I've been there several times - including staying at the Staybridge once which is behind the stadium - and have never seen such a tunnel.

There's a road tunnel under the railway tracks, and a long hallway going south from the ICC right next to it, but both end before the street that runs crosswise between the ICC and the stadium; you have to go outside to cross this street and the plaza in front of the stadium...which is no big deal, really; it's not that far.

Housing: [MENTION=8461]Alzrius[/MENTION] given my (ridiculous lack of) luck in the screen-refresh wars during both event reg and housing reg over the years I would FAR prefer a housing lottery system. That way I might have a chance. :)

Lan-"still deciding whether to go this time around and I guess I'd better commit soon, either way"-efan

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Housing: Alzrius given my (ridiculous lack of) luck in the screen-refresh wars during both event reg and housing reg over the years I would FAR prefer a housing lottery system. That way I might have a chance. :)

Did you ever try using the waiting list for housing? I've made use of them a few times over the years (making sure to get on them within the hour of registration opening), and they've usually come through, even if it took several months for a spot to open up.

Of course, during the lottery version of housing, there was no waiting list. Instead, cancelled rooms just automatically went back into the system. So if a room were to open up, you just had to be logged in when it was, and register it before someone else did.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads