D&D 5E Fantasy Grounds talking with Curse/D&D Beyond

Got this email from the Fantasy Grounds newsletter today.

This is promising for FG owners!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 5.55.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 5.55.51 PM.png
    422.4 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:

I'd like purchases to carry across, or maybe have reduced amounts in the other app if already purchased, that would be amazing. While I'm at it Print/PDF deals and reductions there too! /dreaming

fjw70

Adventurer
On the update stream DDB did on Friday someone asked about the newly announced D&D Reader app and the answer was basically no comment. Leading to speculation that there are some talks going on there as well.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
I really hope they push this to the backburner. They're starting to promise a lot and deliver little and I worry that they're biting off more than they can chew. I'd like to see improvements to the character builder and campaign management get pushed first before any sort of integration with other platforms.

lkj

Hero
Oh. I'd be surprised if FG/Roll20 integration happens any time soon, by our definitions. I'm guessing many months. By which time I suspect they'll have finished most of the short term road map stuff.

I've learned with all D&D software products (all software products?) to assume that 'soon' means 'next several months'. Anything without a timeline attached means, 'several months to a year'.

They've surprised me a couple times with DDB. But mostly it's played out according to my extremely scientific timeline specification matrix.

AD

Remove ads