List of monsters confirmed in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

E

Elderbrain

I listed my whole Lower Planes plate: Alkilith demon, Nabassu demon, Geryon, dergholoth. I'm serving all sides of the Blood War. ;)

Just to be clear, you're saying that Alkilith and Nabassu are confirmed to be in the book? Because I'll add them to the list if so.

Via Twitter we now have the Monsters by challenge rating. And also the answer to which Lords of the Nine are in this book. Heavy spoilers.

Dc8lOElWkAAsuR4.jpg

So the answer to how many lords of the Nine is one. Only Zariel is in the book.

Also a few strange things like one of the monsters being an Oinoloth.

Edit Source: https://twitter.com/fistfullofdice/status/995054993328820224

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Via Twitter we now have the Monsters by challenge rating. And also the answer to which Lords of the Nine are in this book. Heavy spoilers.

View attachment 97430

So the answer to how many lords of the Nine is one. Only Zariel is in the book.

Also a few strange things like one of the monsters being an Oinoloth.

Edit Source: https://twitter.com/fistfullofdice/status/995054993328820224

Very interesting! Definitely leaked far before we had surmised - usually we would have a few more days yet!

Besides that surprising news on the lack of Lords of the Nine (which indicates they are holding most of them back for a later book - unless @Parmandur is right, and there are some at the top of the next page), some other observations:

White and black abishai have maintained their previous power level, but green, blue, and red are much higher. We had a hint of this from the Roll 20 preview showing the blue abishai CR, but we didn't know they would split them this way.

Derro made it in, like I assumed they would.

There's a nice range of duergar, and even more drow variants than we knew about. Really, running a drow-centric campaign from 1 - 20 would easily be possible with little in the way of any CR gaps.

I, too, wonder what an "oinoloth" is. If it were the traditional Oinoloth, it should have a much higher CR, as being lord of the Wasting Tower traditionally gave one almost god-like powers. Beyond that, pretty much all the yugoloths I assumed would appear do show up, other than, oddly, the piscoloth.

Same with the demons and devils, those I felt were missing from the MM have pretty much all made appearances here.

Sadly, other than the expected devils, demons, and yugoloths, there isn't much in the way of other outer planar creatures, not even the demodands.

And there isn't any surprise appendices or later chapters - the Bestiary goes all the way to page 252 with the yagnoloths...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases