Question on acererak art piece in Art & Arcana book

StarFyre

Explorer
hello,

just wondering... for acererak in the art and arcana book. where is that 1998 art shot from? its not from return to tomb of horror.

REgards,

Sanjay

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
just wondering... for acererak in the art and arcana book. where is that 1998 art shot from? its not from return to tomb of horror.

Yes, it is. I pulled my copy of Return to the Tomb of Horrors off the shelf just to be certain. You can see it on page 131 of the boxed set's main book. Though, somewhat ironically, the accompanying text implies that that isn't supposed to be a picture of Acererak, but rather what happens to someone who falls victim to his weight of the wait spell.

StarFyre

Explorer
Yes, it is. I pulled my copy of Return to the Tomb of Horrors off the shelf just to be certain. You can see it on page 131 of the boxed set's main book. Though, somewhat ironically, the accompanying text implies that that isn't supposed to be a picture of Acererak, but rather what happens to someone who falls victim to his weight of the wait spell.

Hello,

I have the adventure as well (box) and i see this on page 131. its a black and white image. the image in art and arcana is this: (but it shows it partially in Art & Arcana -- it doenst have the full image, it has the skull portion from the below image):

1455908356602.jpg

that coloured shot. where is that from?

the date in art and arcana says 1998

Regards

Sanjay

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hello,

I have the adventure as well (box) and i see this on page 131. its a black and white image. the image in art and arcana is this: (but it shows it partially in Art & Arcana -- it doenst have the full image, it has the skull portion from the below image):

1455908356602.jpg

that coloured shot. where is that from?

the date in art and arcana says 1998

Regards

Sanjay

My copy of Art & Arcana tags that image as being from 2010, which means it's probably from the 4E iteration of Tomb of Horrors.

StarFyre

Explorer
Ok. im an idiot. i know whats wrong. i dont actually have the book yet. i saw it and skimmed it. saw that art and quickly whatsapped some notes to my wife so i could look it up when i got home. i was trying to find that art but i said its from 1998. you're saying its not?

I searched acererak 4e and found this: http://medievalmelodies.blogspot.com/2017/04/delving-into-tomb-of-horrors-crypt-of.html

its there. thanks :)

i was going crazy, hence i finally posted. i have the 2e adventure and i was certain it wasnt there :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Ok. im an idiot. i know whats wrong. i dont actually have the book yet. i saw it and skimmed it. saw that art and quickly whatsapped some notes to my wife so i could look it up when i got home. i was trying to find that art but i said its from 1998. you're saying its not?

I searched acererak 4e and found this: http://medievalmelodies.blogspot.com/2017/04/delving-into-tomb-of-horrors-crypt-of.html

its there. thanks :)

i was going crazy, hence i finally posted. i have the 2e adventure and i was certain it wasnt there :)

To be fair, I don't actually own the 4E Tomb of Horrors (yet), but Art & Arcana definitely tags that particular piece of artwork as being from 2010, which is when the 4E adventure was published. That, and the blog you linked to (cool find, there) make it seem pretty likely.

Remove ads