Gaming Dedication Likert Scale - How do you characterize yourself?

Gaming Dedication Likert Scale - Where are you?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When I whip it out, it hits the table with a mighty *fwapp*, accompanied by squeals of joy.

;)

The funny thing about that one is that we rarely use it. Its bigger than the table I have in that room, so if used in that space, we have to keep part of it rolled up.

Usually, its reserved for when one of the other guys is hosting. At a couple of locations, we game in their dining room...for which such a mat is perfectly scaled.

We also use it if I'm hosting and otherwise alone in the house. On those occasions, we set up in my dining room- see above- which is not only right next to the kitchen, it also enables me to let the dogs in & out of the yard without having to trek downstairs.

Last edited:

I'm pretty much right on the dividing line between Very Serious and Diehard. I picked Diehard because of the emphasis on game design, and because "Diehard" sounds cool.

But I don't self-identify as a geek, which appears to make me a bit of an anomaly (or least small minority).

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'm the second "uber" voter. :D I'm not financially comfortable enough to have a game room or a collection in the thousands, but the desire is there. And my wife and I both work in the industry in different ways.

Mallus

Legend
@Mallus , it definitely sounds like you're in the Very Serious category - similar to me, actually, although I evidently have a lot more books, probably due to my nasty materialist/collector gene ;).
Yeah, after thinking about it, I voted "very serious". As I've gotten older, gaming has become my primary social hobby. Yakking it up with friends in bars has fallen to a distant second, a development which my liver probably thanks me for.

As for non-social hobbies, I also find, kinda to my chagrin, film now edges out literature. I blame Netflix -- but who am I kidding, the fault lies completely within me :).

I'm also really glad I don't have the collector/completist streak, despite my recent effort to watch every Zatoichi movie ever made.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ain't gonna happen. If you can get one, go right ahead, 'cause I don't have a use for a 15' battlemat. I gots me GUITARS to buy!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You're not the first person to think of that*, but there are problems: pets, kids, and getting your buddies to play games on the floor.**

* says the guy who claims to be on the borderline of "Very Serious" and "Diehard."

** see, I really have thought about that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases