The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral takes a look down the stairs and also at the fallen object with the debris. "I will admit that the occurrences of the last hour has decided for me that I shalt not miss this place whence we are finished with our arduous task.

OOC: Perception Check is 30.

1d20+14=30

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral peers into the gloom looking for any signs of danger. The water is mostly clear of sediment so he can easily see the bottom. Thick cables criss-cross the floor throughout the chamber; at least that is what he thinks until one of the cables shift. Looking closer he sees that the "cables" are thick, fleshy tendrils running through the water. They rest on the bottom for the most part though their tips undulate gently. They seem to come into the room from several directions. He studies their layout for a while and can see a route to follow that would take them through the water avoiding most of the tendrils. He can see another option might be to cling to the pipes running from the tanks and traverse the room without entering the water.
On the far side you can see that there is a booth partially covered in collapsed debris. Beyond that is a small steel door and glass set in the wall that would indicate an office beyond. The debris looks like one of the water tanks burst leaving heavy steel walls and piping everywhere.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian shivers once Doral points out the motion in the 'cables.' He glances over the room, considering.

"I have a few natural favors that might help. I can either let us walk across the water's surface without disturbing it, or--if we think the motions still might attract the tendrils--I have a way to let us move across the walls and ceiling for a shorter amount of time. The climbing might come in handier later, though. Either way, I think it better we avoid actually entering that liquid."

[sblock=ooc]Midian has both Water Walk (can affect 8 for 80 minutes) and Spider Climb (communal) (can still affect 8, but splits the time so it would only be 10 minutes per level). The first spell is probably the better one to use, at least insofar as it's not likely to be necessary in a lot of other situations, while the climbing might still come in handy down the line[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Reflex save: +8

Conditions: Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, Ant Haul, Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, Water Walk (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Freedom of Movement, Dispel Magic, **Ball Lightning, Control Water (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods at that. "The last place we want to be is in water, fighting tentacles. I could fly across in a winged form, but that wouldn't help any of the rest of you." She gives Midian an appraising look. "I'm impressed you had the foresight to prepare that spell. Did you see this sort of situation coming, or are we just lucky?"

jkason

First Post

Midian laughs softly. "I only wish I had that kind of prescience," he answers. "That particular gift comes from the bond to the ocean I forged after our time on the island. I rarely have need of it, but it's a favor the water grants me each day. Lucky for us, I suppose, as water was the last thing I expected to run into in the middle of Mournland wastes.

"For what it's worth, I could lower the water in here by a fair margin, as well, from that same bond, but I imagine that might draw more attention from those tentacles than we're after."

[sblock=ooc]And here I thought that particular domain spell wouldn't see much use. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Reflex save: +8

Conditions: Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, Ant Haul, Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, Water Walk (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Freedom of Movement, Dispel Magic, **Ball Lightning, Control Water (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken grimaces.

"The ocean's a cruel mistress, Midian mate. She takes as much as she gives. Is this magic of yours going to be safe?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"This bond you have is indeed fortuitous, Midian. I am of the same mind as the others: your suggestions has the greatest chance for success, and so I am with you in this endeavor," Doral says, accompanying his words with a polite bow.

jkason

First Post

Kraken grimaces.

"The ocean's a cruel mistress, Midian mate. She takes as much as she gives. Is this magic of yours going to be safe?"

"We're on a formerly-floating city in a magical wasteland where the dead outside don't decay and sentient, evil tentacles are working to assimilate us. At this point, I'm not sure <i>breathing</i> is safe, Kraken," Midian says wryly. "But given that, the water walking is as reliable as any other spells we may cast, however disconcerting it may be to a seasoned sailor."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper purses her lips, considering, then says, "Midian, the way these things grow inside the body like that man...it reminds me of a parasite or disease. Do you have spells for curing that sort of thing? It might be nice to have a counter on hand, just in case one of us is...infected."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken responds with a fierce grin to Midian's comment.

"Fair play mate," he says. "We'll have a go with your spell eh?" To Whisper he adds, "the old shaman showed me how to do that, but I've not mastered the way of it yet. I can call on the spirits to help anyone fight off sickness, but only kinda after they've already got it, the magic doesn't last long."

[sblock=OOC]
Translated, that means Kraken isn't high enough level to cast remove disease, but he can grant resistance orisons if needed.
[/sblock]

Remove ads