Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One of my younger cousins is about to graduate from college and has her eyes set on med school. I hope she does well on her MCATs, because I think she's got the right stuff.

This week, she saved her friend's life.

He started talking funny, then collapsed. She tried waking him, and when that didn't work, she started CPR. Because she's going to school at a small rural college, she and some other friends had to transport their stricken buddy to the ER- EMS was very far away.

She remained calm, cool and collected, and saved his life.

Quite proud of her!:D

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
. . . . .fixing this post that I broke . . . . .

[MENTION=19675]Dannyalcatraz[/MENTION], has that med student/cousin taken her MCAT's yet? does she know where she wants to go?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Don't think she's taken the MCAT yet. And I don't see her very often, so I probably won't find out until it's virtually decided.

OTOH, since her mom is an MD, and so is my Dad, it may come up in dinner time conversation more often as everything looms...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It may be decided by her dream specialty- I believe she wants to be an OB/GYN. So whichever program has the best mix of teachers and connections will be key. As I recall, she's also strongly ring the military option, so that could ALSO be key...especially depending on which branch of the service she wants. I know from past experience with friends and family that Tulane's program is chummy with the Army and AF. Don't know how they treat Navy/Marines/Coast Guard.

Our family has a LOT of history with Tulane, as faculty, admin, and both at the undergraduate and graduate (medical school, pharmacy school) student level. My Dad was the first black to graduate from their med school- a decent MCAT and a rec from him could translate into them throwing money at her faster than she could catch it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases