Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
The angel-kin stands from the crouch in which he ended his evasion of the trap and looks quickly to his friend. "Ignatius, are you well? Hold still; I can do somewhat to help . . . it's little enough, but perhaps it will ease your hurt a little."

Manachan hold out his hand and a beam of golden fire bridges the gap between his palm and the Ifrit. A few of the smaller gashes on his skin close shut.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Heavenly Fire: 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4 HP returned.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"Thank you, Manachan," says Ignatius as his own spell takes effect as well. "Now, where in this infernal contraption could that woman have gone to?" he asks plaintively. Of course, he has a suspicion about that but he is not sure he wants to expend the magical energy to test it just yet.

OOC: Cure Moderate: 2D8+7 = [8, 3]+7 = 18 .

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], do we see each other now? I mean do Edmond and Mhairri see Manachan and Ignatius and vice versa.
Are there any exits from their slicing room?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], thieving time to find secret doors :)

Edmond stops at the entrance of the room, looking at his two companions "roosting" in the middle of the room.
"What happened to you? Where did our attacker go?"

He concentrates, attuning himself to magical emanations in the room.

OOC: Arcane Attunement remaining 3/5

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond scans the room but nothing in it magical apart from anything worn or carried by his friends. Not the pool, nor the disturbing serpent statue.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi grins widely at the two men up high. "Did you two see a mouse and get scared?" she says with a giggle.

Without waiting for a reply, she glides over to the serpent statue. "And what is this thing? Another lever?"

ooc: Searching for devices/secret doors around the statue. Poke eyes and nose, grasp teeth, tongue and scales etc

Kaodi

Hero
"No, blades pop out of the base and the whirl around it like a, uh, whirlwind of steel," says Ignatius. "I am not sure poking around it like that while you are standing there is such a good idea..."

Axel

First Post
"Sorry, what?!" Mhairi exclaims in alarm. "Where do they come out?" she asks, squatting down to look at the base of the fountain. "There must be some sort of space under the fountain of blades come out..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi studies the base of the statue; nominally a 2 ft. high, 10 ft. wide pool of water. On closer inspection the water is only about an inch deep, allowing space within the base for the whirling blades to hide. She can see some narrow slots where they come out, and it looks like the whole base might pivot.

The statue, aside from being a cobra with multiple arms (each wielding a sword) has amethysts for eyes, but nothing on it seems to move.

Remove ads