WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

Shayuri

First Post
There's a (beta) character builder online:

http://www.enworld.org/morrusdev/character.php

(I wrote it myself to learn PHP, so it might not be perfect -- it doesn't apply exploits, for example, but it does list them for you).

This seems to be using a different rules-set? Not only are the attributes and skills off, but it's lacking certain exploits and options, and has unusual notes like Androids selecting two modification choices and so on that aren't reflected in the 1.2 version of the book.

tglassy

Adventurer
It’s not perfect. Choosing Human doesn’t allow you to choose your ability scores, and you can’t switch out ability scores, but it’s good for getting a quick idea of what skills and exploits, races and careers you want to mix.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This seems to be using a different rules-set? Not only are the attributes and skills off, but it's lacking certain exploits and options, and has unusual notes like Androids selecting two modification choices and so on that aren't reflected in the 1.2 version of the book.

Androids get massively expanded in the upcoming Galactic Sentience Catalog with tons of new modification exploits. But if you see any little bugs, feel free to let me know -- like I mentioned, three weeks ago I'd never written a line of computer code, so I'm picking it up as I go along. Most of the time, I'm sure I can quickly fix whatever's not working quite right. :)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmm they due seem to be a little better then most of the other races... If am inclined to no but maybe if we lower then PSI bonus to 2 or 3 I would be fine with them

It’s balanced, trust me. A starting attribute point or two isn’t worth very much, especially in an attribute which normally starts at 0. There’s a whole race building engine used to create these. They’re all within a couple of points of each other. :)

Question with Psionics some of the powers like Electrokinetic blast state that if you succeed it does 1d6 per 2 PP electricity damage. Does this include the original 6 PPs to use the power?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Question with Psionics some of the powers like Electrokinetic blast state that if you succeed it does 1d6 per 2 PP electricity damage. Does this include the original 6 PPs to use the power?

Yup, its the number of PP you use. So you can pump in more if you have them.

tglassy

Adventurer
Question on Advancement for this game, and perhaps a suggestion. Are we going to stick with the "XP cost is 10 Times the grade achieved"? In that case, it would take 60 xp to upgrade to Grade 6, and that's 10 or so Medium encounters.

That said, if I could make a suggestion, we're play by post. 10 encounters could take years. I've DM'd a few games that are going on two years and I don't think they've reached 10 encounters. One of them has only really had two or three combats period. It could go faster. It usually doesn't.

So, my suggestion would be to lower that to either 7 x the grade, or even 5 x the grade. Part of the fun for RPG's, at least for me, is leveling up and watching my character get stronger. That happens so rarely with Play by Post if you go by the regular experience/encounter rules. In the rulebook, it says 10 medium encounters, but then it says a Milestone is equal to a medium encounter and should have at least one of those every session. If you have, say, two medium encounters a session, and a milestone, you're leveling up every three or four sessions. Maybe every five or six, max. In play by post, that's going to be a lot longer.

And I'm not just saying this because I'm playing a Human who gets the equivalent of a Medium encounter every time he lands on a planet. Well, I'm not JUST saying this because of that, but it does help.

That said, can we just planet hop for a while? That would be awesome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases