D&D 5E The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Discussion

97mg

Explorer
Header3.jpg

Greetings Friends!

Please use this thread for new character submissions, general game discussion, questions, ideas, general chat.

Game threads:

IC Thread - Chapter One: Endless White

OOC Discussion (Game-related banter, questions and chat)

Tome of Knowledge (Approved characters, and an evolving repository of world information from the DM)

Welcome to The Rhyot Break

This to be a long-term homebrew game set at first in frozen and remote highlands (before moving on to other locations). Themes covered will be survival, depression, slavery, war and comradeship.

Pace: Expecting players to post at least twice per week. Just let me know if you need some time off for real life.

Approved Characters:
@daindarkspring - Zemryn Neveryn - Female High Elf Paladin
@Steve Gorak - Gimlak - Male Human Barbarian
@Imladir - Faenala Onarieth - Female High Elf Wizard
@JustinCase - Welkin di Vicomte - Male Tiefling Warlock
@TallIan - Rorik Brigward - Male Human Fighter
@McD MIA- Rolin Nazfell - Male Half-Elf Rogue
@EarlyBird MIA - Gob Ironfoot - Male Halfling Monk
@tglassyMIA - Thorin - Male Dragonborn Sorcerer

Character Creation:
5E races, classes, spells and equipment from core rulebooks (PHB, DMG, MM) only. Starting at 1st level.

Stats: 27 point buy http://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html
Hit Points: Max 1st level, roll for future levels
Dice Rolls: Use https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ or preferably
https://rolz.org/dr?room=Rhyot
stating your character name and reason for roll, eg: #d20+3 #Bob Initiative
Equipment and Gold: You start with nothing other than a waterskin and the miner's clothes (furs) on your back, and a torch. Do not fear this lack of equipment (and spell books), that will be sorted quickly IC.

Backgrounds / Flaws / Personalities: These are important. Please consider how you ended up in slavery at The Rhyot Break, and how long you have been here. Your origins, known locations, contacts, history, family members etc are entirely up to you.

Next Steps:
Once any characters submitted here are approved, they can be moved to the Tome of Knowledge thread and maintained there.

A map will be created of the Isle of Solov and also The Rhyot Break itself, and placed in Tome of Knowledge for future reference.

The DM will post in Chapter One again and we can commence play :)

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Color me intrigued. A survival game would be a nice change of pace to the typical hack and slash.

Might be a good idea to post the character creation rules here instead of the IC. Many people may not see that you've set up the IC yet, since many DM's don't until later.

You say Core Rulebooks, does that mean anything officially published? I'll start considering a character.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm also interested! I want to give a barbarian a shot. Likely human or dwarf.
I'll come up with a back story and stats later this week.
Cheers

SG

EarlyBird

Explorer
I am also interested - thinking right now is to try my monk whose game never got of the ground.

[sblock=Gob Ironfoot]
Race: Halfling (lightfoot)
Class/Level: Monk 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (halfling)
Init: +3
Speed: 25ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 12
Languages: Common, Halfling
Background: Urchin
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 10 (+0), Dex 17 (+3) , Con 13 (+1), Int 08 (-1), Wis 14(+2), Cha 13 (+1)

AC: 15 (dex, wis)
HP: 09 (1d8 +1)
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: all simple weapons and shortswords
Tools: Reed Flute, Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools
Feats: none
Saves: STR +2, DEX +5
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
MELEE: unarmed strike +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning

Skills:
+3 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+2 (str) Athletics*
+1 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight*
+1 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+5 (dex) Sleight of Hand*
+5 (dex) Stealth*
+2 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
Ability Scores: +2 DEX and +1 CHA
Size: Small
Speed: 25 feet
Lucky: whenever you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or save you can reroll that die and must use the new roll
Brave: advantage on saves against being frightened
Halfling Nimbleness: can move through the space of any creature that is of a size catagory larger than yours
Naturally Stealthy: you can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you
Languages: Halfling and Common

Urchin:
Skills: Sleight of Hand and Stealth
Tools: Disguise Kit and Thieves' Tools
Feature: CITY SECRETS: You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions
you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Monk:
-Martial Arts:
--can use DEX instead of STR for attack and damage rolls with unarmed strikes and monk weapons
--use d4 in place of the normal damage of unarmed strikes or monk weapons
--when using the Attack action with an unarmed strike or monk weapon (on your turn), you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action

Combat Gear:
none

Other Gear:
common, clothes (furs)
torch

Treasure:
GP: 00 SP: 00 CP: 00

Carrying Capacity: 150 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 300 lbs
Climb: 12' Swim: 12'
Long Jump: 10' & 5'
High Jump: 3' & 1.5'
Hold Breath: 2 minutes

Personality:
Trait: I think anyone nice to me is hiding evil intent.
Trait: I am horribly, horribly awkward in social situations.
Ideal: I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond: No one else would have endured the hardships I've been through.
Flaw: Gold seems like a lot of money to me, and I'll do just about anything for more of it.

Sex: Male
Height: 3'-2"
Weight: 39lbs
Hair Color: sandy brown
Facial Hair: none
Eye Color: brown
Skin Tone: fair
Scars/Tattoos: none
Description: Gob looks like a beggar or homeless kid when first seen. He wears no shoes, has ragged and torn breeches, and a once white lenin shirt that is stained and dirty. His hair is unkempt and gets in his eyes alot, it also covers his pointed ears which leads to him being him mistaken for a human child instead of an adult halfling.
History Only in his early teens when The Korrud swept through his small village, Gob fled the destruction and loss of his family for the walled cities of the big folk. Finding no help or solace, he took to running the streets with bands of children to survive. During the dwarven occupation Gob was caught stealing and sent to The Rhyot Break. He has been digging and surviving for going on six years now. His only protection, his natural talent with his fist.

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 15 (dex, wis)
HP: 09/09 HD: 1/1 (1d8+1)
Speed: 25'
Saves: STR +2, DEX +5, CON +1, INT -1, WIS +2, CHA +1
Features: none
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
MELEE: unarmed strike +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning

Consumables:
torches 01/01[/sblock][/sblock]

97mg

Explorer
Originally posted by [MENTION=6967536]Imladir[/MENTION]

Hello,
I'm really interested

I'm planning on making a High-Elf (or Eladrin?) Wizard, but I do have a question: I don't know too much about D&D (even though I can make a character just fine), so I hope this isn't a problem.
When you say only Core sources are allowed, does that include the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide or Elemental Evil Player's Companion? Not trying to force anything, and I'm not even sure I'd use it, but I wanted to check beforehand what the options are.

97mg

Explorer
Color me intrigued. A survival game would be a nice change of pace to the typical hack and slash.

Might be a good idea to post the character creation rules here instead of the IC. Many people may not see that you've set up the IC yet, since many DM's don't until later.

You say Core Rulebooks, does that mean anything officially published? I'll start considering a character.

Hi tglassy! Thanks for your interest :)

Good advice there too, I've moved the character creation info here to prevent confusion.

I'd like this game to use only the PHB for characters to start, just to keep things simple while everything beds in, hope that works for everyone. Things can get exotic later maybe :)

97mg

Explorer
I'm also interested! I want to give a barbarian a shot. Likely human or dwarf.
I'll come up with a back story and stats later this week.
Cheers

SG

Hi Steve! Sounds good. A local dwarf's reaction to the recent takeover of the Isle by foreign hostiles could have lots of fun angles :) Totally up to you of course, and a meaty barbarian could certainly come in handy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases