Ravnica Available To DMs Guild Creators From Today!

Ravnica is joining Forgotten Realms, Eberron, and Ravenloft, as a setting available for creators on the Dungeon Master's Guild from today, November 20th.

rav1.jpg

WotC made the following brief announcement last night:

"Intrepid DM's Guild creators! Ravnica will be added as a setting on Dungeon Masters Guild tomorrow Nov 20th! (We will be coordinating day-of updates of the Ravnica setting filter and updating the FAQ. Please be patient if these aren't up quite yet if you upload early!)"

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
I just read the updated FAQ and use can use all published material plus 5e stuff for your Ravnica titles. The question becomes what counts as publish Ravnica material. Some stuff seems obvious, any of the card blocks about Ravnica, any of the novels including the upcoming ones set exclusively on Ravnica, but what about novels that are mostly or partially set on Ravnica, but visit other planes? Are their rules for how Ravnica interacts with the D&D cosmology like could I do an Adventure in a hypothetical Ravnica mirror plane like Ravnica's Feywild? Are crossover Ravnica/Forgotten Realms/Eberron/Ravenloft adventures that visit multiple or all of these settings? Or a Guide book to setting cross overs?

And what about none Ravnica MTG card sets that have cards the reference Ravnica? What about MtG cards that do not specify a setting, but could possibly be Ravnican like the Angel Besandra who screams Boros in colour and themes?

Could have the Gods of the Seldarine decide to make appear on Ravnica, or decide that some powerful Villian with an uncertain fate from Ravnica ended up as a Dark Lord in Ravenloft or add Felidars to FR as servants of Cat Themed Gods, or add Eberron's Artificer class to Ravnica?

D

DQDesign

They've put up the intro Adventure from the book, "Krenko's Way," as a stand alone PDF.

and the related page says: "Note: No artwork from Magic: the Gathering or Kreko's Way may be used in your DMsGuild publications.".

I wonder if this means that no art will be provided as free DMs Guild creator resources this time. I would despise that a lot.

I'm also wondering about the absence of Ravnica Adepts' products as for now. But it's just curiosity, I don't care about the Adepts program so much.

Yaarel

He Mage
Both Ravnica and Eberron in DMs Guild − thrills me.

For a while, I want to explore urban and cosmopolitan settings. This allows player creativity to help flesh these out.

The urban magic settings are great for both near-future technotopia genre and for the contemporary magical realism genre.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
and the related page says: "Note: No artwork from Magic: the Gathering or Kreko's Way may be used in your DMsGuild publications.".

I wonder if this means that no art will be provided as free DMs Guild creator resources this time. I would despise that a lot.

I'm also wondering about the absence of Ravnica Adepts' products as for now. But it's just curiosity, I don't care about the Adepts program so much.

Doesn't mean they will or won't provide some resources: it means the art from this product and Magic cards in general are not open.

D

DQDesign

Doesn't mean they will or won't provide some resources: it means the art from this product and Magic cards in general are not open.

I used the words 'I wonder' and 'I would' in my post, I don't understand why also simple doubts are seen as "criticism to wotc/process to wotc intentions" on these pages.

IF they will not provide resources THEN I would despise that approach. Anyway I don't think wotc needs to be defended against my opinions, I'm totally sure they totally don't care about them.

D

DQDesign

some publishers provided entire balls of wax in the past and someone is just wondering if that will happen again or not.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
For those wanting to create using the playground of another companies IP, but complaining when they can’t and or not buying the product until it’s opened up for their benefit....that is my issue...we all have different desires, mine don’t line up with that line of reasoning, that’s all :)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases