D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Druid (again)

Dimwhit

Explorer
So I didn't find anyone asking this, so I will:

I noticed on Wizards that Wild Shape doesn't state anything about healing hit points and getting the animal's EX abilities. Are these now outlined better in the Polymorph Self spell? Anyone know? (It would kind of suck if Druid's getting get EX abilities.)

maddman75

First Post
No idea. Hopefully, they'll fully delineate Natural abilities from Extraordinary ones. Otherwise, my HR stands - you can use EX if it exists in the real world. I just don't buy that a druid shifts into a bat and is blind.

melkoriii

First Post
I really like what they ave done with the druid.

The Animal Companion idea looks really cool and they got rid of the "You lose your Druid powers if you use any weapon not on the druid list." YEAY!

This will allow me to play what I though the Ranger should have been in the first place.

Multi-classed Fighter/Druid.

melkoriii

First Post
Oh ya and they get Spontaneous Casting of summon nature's ally.

I think thats a nice touch.

Plus the Wild shape (Plant) is cool.

At 15th lvl you can Wildshape into a Trent :)

Dimwhit

Explorer
I'm not thrilled with the 1hr/level for Wild Shape, although I can live with that. I was excited to see the animal 'buffing' spells, but now that they're only 1min/level, there's not much point to that. I'm hoping Greater Magic Fang is still 1hr/level, or I'm going to be seriously bummed.

The change in Wild Shape I liked was that the Druid now basically gets the Wild Speak feat. He can speak to animals of the form he turned into. That's cool. Still can't speak with the rest of the party, but my Druid kind of prefers that.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I'm not sure. I didn't read too carefully, but I seemed to get that their abilities will be tied into the Druid's level or something. Maybe something like familiars, where they gain HD and abilities as the Druid rises in level.

But I'm just guessing.

I'm particularly interested in what's special about animal companions (over a regular animal) for just a 1st level druid. I have a Drd 1 / Wiz 1 and we're going to use 3.5 when it comes out, but will play one more time before that happens and it would be nice to know. 3.5 will be out by the time my character would go up a level in Druid. It would be interesting to know how much of an empathetic link, if any, a druid has with his companion. It's kind of hard to use your companion as a scout when they can't communicate to you and have no natural inclination to do so.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Animal companions

Urban Arcana has a chart for animal companions. This chart goes to 20th level, though no d20 Modern class, anywhere, has more than 10 levels. Read into it what you will ...

I must say, I actually want to play a druid for once, upon reading the revised one. I detested the 1e/2e druid ... multiclassed druid/ranger?

I'm a little ticked about the SF/GSF deal, but otherwise, this looks like a good revision.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases