4F for Freedom!

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Somehow, they found you. Not only that, they found out about you. And then the letter arrived, delivered by a sombre-faced but very polite Army captain. At the top of the letter, centered, stands boldly the Presidential Seal. After the salutation, the letter reads:

Your nation needs you. The world needs you.

I swore that I would "to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." I cannot, of course, do this alone. I need the help of all good men and women. I believe that you are one of these good people. I believe that you will answer your country's call to use your unique gifts on behalf of all freedom-loving peoples everywhere.

On December 14, at 8:00 a.m., please bring this letter to the guard at the main gate at Port Hueneme, which is just outside Los Angeles.

Thank you. I am certain you will not disappoint.

Sincerely,

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Port Hueneme is a small Navy base. It is little more than a few warehouses surrounded by a chainlink fence topped by barbed wire. The SP on the gate glances without emotion at the letter and directs you to a drab gray box of a building. Another SP at that building's door lets you in.

You find yourself in a square room, its walls also drab gray. A box within a box. A closed, gray metal door sits off center in the opposite wall. There is a small square table and six metal folding chairs. A pot of very black coffee sits next to a half-dozen ceramic mugs. There is neither sugar nor cream. A sailor whose name tag and insignia identify him as PO3 Gaines stands in the corner near the opposite door. He nods as you enter.

"Have a seat, please," he says. "Would you like some coffee? Lieutenant Commander Johnson will be here shortly to brief you."

With these words, it is obvious that PO3 Gaines is not going to be inclined to either answer questions or make small talk. For time being, at least, there is nothing to do but remember the events of the past few days or perhaps talk to one of the other un-uniformed people in the room....

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Atlas

[occ]assuming that we are coming in our ‘Super-Hero’ ID (and unless told otherwise that is how Atlas will show up[/occ]

Standing well over 11 feet tall, Atlas looks at the seats off offered to him and smiles broadly saying “I think not lads, tis not a seat that would support thy weight. HA, I shall stand if acceptable. And coffee would be fine lad, but I think mayhap I need a slightly larger mug?”

Atlas has a shaved head and a thick white beard and mustache. His eyes are pale-blue, and most recognize a slight accent in his speech. He wears a white tunic like uniform that has a picture of the ‘western-world’ on it. His knee-high combat like boots and gauntlets are golden colored and are patterned after Roman Centurion armor. His belt is also golden with a large ‘A’ branded onto it. The last part of his outfit is a short red, half-cloak with gold trim.

There is always an easy smile on Atlas’s face, and a gentleness within his eyes (despite the fact that he towards over most everyone)

Velmont

First Post
A young girl stands up and go over the coffee machine. She looks like the average girl that just reach her majority. She is lovely and gorgeous. She seems pretty out of this place, except if she is suppose to do the service.

"Sorry, mister, but it seems they have brought only one size cup. You just need to take another cup later. I'll make a batch."

She makes some coffee and serves two cups.

"Here! Take both, so you won't have to walk up there. You are pretty impressive, mister. I am surprise you are not already somewhere on the Pacific, waiting to attack those japanese. What bring you here and now?"

Synchronicity

First Post
Bulwark, Super-dense man of muscle!

(OOC: Much as Atlas, Bulwark will likely show up in his superhero ID, changing clothes near the base; unless he has a reason not to.)

As the two superheroes begin talking and drinking coffee, another costumed figure enters the room. While not as tall as Atlas, the newcomer is a big man, standing some 6'3" tall, and with the powerful build of someone who regularly makes use of all the muscles they possess.

He wears sturdy rust-red boots and gloves, and an equally monotone rust-red bodysuit with a mask which covers most of his head, leaving only the bottom half of his face exposed. (For the mask, think the Flash or similar; full covering of the head and upper half of the face.) There are no tassles, frills or embroidery on the suit, and the only break from the simple colour scheme is the grey which picks out the tops of the boots and gloves, showing even more clearly where they end and the suit begins. A large gunmetal grey 'B' is emblazoned on the new arrival's chest.

The man exudes an aura of solid competence and calm, and if the powerful jaw and deep blue eyes are any indication, he's pretty good looking under the mask. The man nods as Gaines repeats his earlier words, and heads over to Atlas and Eagle. He grins an open and friendly grin as he begins talking, his accent pure American.

"Hi there. Good to see someone else in a costume; between you and me, I was feeling a little overdressed on the way here. I'm guessing you got the same letter, huh? Mind if I help myself to some of that coffee?"
(OOC: Velmont, is Eagle in costume as well?)

Assuming the usual murmers of assent, Bulwark helps himself to coffee. He sips it for a moment before he suddenly shakes his head ruefully.

"I'm sorry, where have my manners got to? When I'm wearing the suit, people call me Bulwark; but just between you and me, you can call me Paul."

Bulwark extends his hand to each of the others in turn, his grip oddly gentle, though his hand likely engulfs Eagle's and is similarly engulfed by Atlas'. Bulwark continues talking, his rumbling voice a calming sound in the small room rather than an irritating babbling.

"I was really happy to get that letter, I can tell you. Always wanted to use these powers to do some real good; now it looks like I might get the chance. And a letter from the President, no less. Yes sir, any opportunity to help this country sounds like a good one to me! I've been using my gifts to fight crime, but strictly small-time stuff. Two fists don't help you fight in the big leagues; for starters, you've gotta find 'em first, and they're hiding behind laws and technicalities. This is a great country, yes sir, but I wish there was an easier way to root out some of the scum that latch on to it like leeches."

Bulwark looks at the fists in question as he speaks, his tone reflective and mildly regretful. He looks up again, his ready smile quickly returning.

"Well, looks like we might be waiting a while for the Johnson fella. Either of you got any stories to tell to while away the time? In a bit, I could tell you about the dope peddlars I busted last week, but I think I've done enough talking for the moment."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
The girl listen to Paul. She is dress with a normal dress, white and blue. It is then you remark that she have a badge of the Dodgers on his shoulder. She seems to look at Paul'S suit with some attention.

Paul said:
"Well, looks like we might be waiting a while for the Johnson fella. Either of you got any stories to tell to while away the time? In a bit, I could tell you about the dope peddlars I busted last week, but I think I've done enough talking for the moment."

"You know, you really would need some advice on your clothings. They are not really fashion."

She takes a sip of coffee.

"I am still wondering what you two are doing here. Just looking at you, you would have been the first I would have chosen to send against those Japanese. I am pretty sure you could, at you two, kill a whole legion of them before you only get wounded."

A lovely smile is drawn on the face of the girl.

"Oh, and you can call me Lily"

Karl Green

First Post
Atlas

Trying to drink from the coffee mug offered to him, the giant nods his head in thanks. With a easy grin he says “Well meet miss Lily, and to you also Bulwark... ah Paul. Ye may all call me Atlas… and as for my… abilities, well they are fairly obvious I am afraid. I am large and can strike things with great force…HA! And as for my adventures, well I have only just… discovered these abilities and I am ready and willing to deal with any and all foes to this great nation of ours.”

Velmont

First Post
"When I first come here, I thought the militaries needed a woman to give some shows to the soldiers, to boost their morals. Now, I start to think it is not me who will do the show, but you two. Some great boxing events it seems. Some brute strenght" passing her hands on the muscled arms of Atlas, "against the exprience." passing her other hand on the chest of Paul "I would wonder who would win. I think I will be the girl who show which round we are in. I am pretty sure the soldiers will like that." She said with her lovely smile.

Synchronicity

First Post
Bulwark, unfashionable but still mighty!

Bulwark feigns shock at Lily's comments about his clothes.

"Well, if you've got any complaints, you should take them up with my Mom, seeing as how she made this suit. I wouldn't recommend it, though; I can bench-press trucks, but I can't win an argument with my parents! It's nice to meet you, miss Lily. Even if you don't like my clothes."

The ready grin that seems to be Bulwark's distinguishing feature returns again, his youthful eyes twinkling. You're guessing Bulwark's in his twenties, though the mask makes it hard to tell. He turns his attention to Atlas for a moment.

"I'll take your word for it. I certainly wouldn't want to be struck by you! But from what you're saying, sounds like there won't be any need for us to fight. We both want to do what we can for America."

Bulwark shifts uncomfortably as Lily moves her hand across his chest, and looks at her quizzically as she finishes talking.

"You know miss, this is likely just me being slow, but I'm having a real hard time deciding if you're joking. You're telling me you're just like other folk? No..ah..abilities you can't really explain?"

Velmont

First Post
Bulwark said:
"You know miss, this is likely just me being slow, but I'm having a real hard time deciding if you're joking. You're telling me you're just like other folk? No..ah..abilities you can't really explain?"

"Me? Kidding? Please mister. If I compare to you, I am a really normal individual. I surely can't benchpress a truck, I have difficulty to lift something more than 200 lbs. And I have never fought in my whole life. If I am exceptionnal, and that's a big words, I would say that I am a good gymnast. But with time, I am pretty sure many could reach my level. I have been member of a circus. I have done tight-rope walking and trapeze mainly, but I have been the lovely and charming helper in other performance. I am not bad at knife throwing too, I have been practicing with James, our knife thrower performer. But with the war, we lost most of our performer, and the circus have been disband. But last year, I have been playing for the Dodgers. I was a thrower. The best of the team. Now, I do not know what a baseball thrower circus performer lady like me have so exceptionnal that the militaries want her. I thought at first they wanted me to entertain the poor soldier who must fight for our country."

Remove ads