D&D 5E 5E Survivor - 5th Edition Survives! [+]

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Light 4 +1 = 5
Dark 0 - 2 = -2
darth vader GIF

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I suppose by that you mean that 5e is the edition that most supports roleplaying. The merit, bond, flaw, etc. system and inspiration system support roleplaying, where 1e-3e failed to support it at all. Not that you couldn't roleplay in those editions. It's really easy to roleplay in any edition of D&D, but 5e is the first edition that I know of(didn't play 4e) that actively supports roleplaying.
I don’t think 4e had anything really comparable to 5e’s Background Characteristics. Action Points were a bit like Inspiration - a metagame currency you could spend to take an additional action on your turn, and some Feats and other features gave you other things you could spend them on, such as re-rolling a failed attack or check. They were supposed to be gained once every Milestone (3 encounters), but in my experience most 4e DMs awarded them for “good roleplaying” as well. I feel like Inspiration was an evolution of the concept, but in my opinion much better executed because what constitutes “good roleplaying” is more clearly defined, and Inspiration doesn’t break the action economy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases