D&D 5E 5e Updates: Monstrous Compendium

dave2008

Legend
I have upload a new deity format with the introduction of Panzuriel, the Enslaver. This mimics the deity format in Theros with the additions of the information on divine realm and the godly stat block of course!

This is still a work in progress in terms of the deity information. That takes a lot longer to write, so I will present the deity entry shortly after the stat block is finished. I can then go back and add the flavor / PC info later.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

dave2008

Legend
1627299401233.png

Mithral Golem by JovaZ

Mithral Golem
Huge construct, unaligned
1600806818236.png

Armor Class 22 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 253 (22d12+ 110; bloodied 126)
Speed 60 ft.
1600806820068.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
24 (+6)20 (+5)21 (+5)3 (-4)11 (+0)1 (-5)
1600806821005.png

Saving Throws Str +12, Dex +11, Con +11
Damage Immunities damage from spells, poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks not made with adamantine weapons
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, [aralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 180 ft., passive perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can't speak
Challenge 19 (22,000 XP) Proficiency Bonus +6
1600806824985.png

Alacrity. The golem has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action which it can take at its initiative count +10. This action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action.

Evasion. If the golem is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, the golem instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails

Haste Absorption. Whenever the golem is subjected to the haste spell, it is not affected, but instead gains 10 hit points at the start of each of its turns for the duration of the spell or until it reaches 0 hit points.

Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.

Limited Magic Immunity. The golem is immune to any spell or magical effect of 2nd level or lower. Additionally, it has advantage on saving throws against spells and magical effects and any creature that makes a spell attack against the golem has disadvantage on the attack roll.

Magic Weapons. The golem’s weapon attacks are magical.

Reactive. The golem can take two reactions, but it can only use one per turn.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The golem makes three melee attacks.

Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (3d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage.

Quicksilver Strike (Recharge 4-6). The golem moves up to its speed. The first time it it moves within reach of a target during the move, it makes one slam attack against that target.

REACTIONS
Dodge. The golem adds 4 to its AC against one ranged attack that would hit it. To do so, the golem must see the attacker.

Counterstrike. If the golem is missed by a melee attack, it can make a slam attack targeting its attacker.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
1627299117536.png

Iron Golem by dleoblack

Adamantine Golem
Champion Huge construct, unaligned
1600808814636.png

Armor Class 25 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 408 (24d12+ 120; bloodied 204)
Speed 40 ft.
1600808807657.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
27 (+8)10 (+0)21 (+5)3 (-4)11 (+0)1 (-5)
1600808808812.png

Saving Throws Str +15, Con +12
Damage Immunities fire, poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks not made with adamantine weapons
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 180 ft., passive perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can't speak
Challenge 21 (49,500 champion XP) Proficiency Bonus +7
1600808810361.png

Adamantine Durability (Champion Trait, recharges after a short or long rest). If the golem is bloodied, it can remove one condition or effect it is suffering and it can use its champion actions.

Adamant Skin. The golem is immune to all damage unless an attack or effect inflicts 10 or more hit points of damage, in which case it takes damage as normal. Additionally, any critical hit against the golem becomes a normal hit.

Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the golem hits with it (included in the attack).

Destructive Strikes. When the golem has advantage, its melee attacks deal an additional 22 (4d10) bludgeoning damage on a hit.

Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.

Limited Magic Immunity. The golem is immune to any spell or magical effect of 2nd level or lower. Additionally, it has advantage on saving throws against spells and magical effects and any creature that makes a spell attack against the golem has disadvantage on the attack roll.

Magic Weapons. The golem’s weapon attacks are magical.

Shred Magic (3/Short Rest). The golem can use a reaction at the end of its turn to remove one magical condition, effect, or spell it is suffering as if it had cast dispel magic at 8th level.

Siege Monster. The golem deals double damage to objects and structures.

Trample. If the golem moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a slam attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 22 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the golem can make one stomp attack as a bonus action.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The golem makes two melee attacks.

Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 30 (4d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a DC 22 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone or pushed 15 feet, the golem's choice.

Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 10 ft., one prone or Medium or smaller target. Hit: 34 (4d12 + 8) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a DC 22 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

CHAMPION ACTIONS
Once the golem's champion trait is activated it, on its initiative count +10 it can take one of the following actions.

Adamantium Armor. The golem gains resistance to all bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage and can then move up to half its speed. The golem loses the resistance when this movement ends
Javelin Launcher (Recharge 5-6). The golem launches three adamantine javelins: Ranged Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, range 120/240 ft., one to three targets. Hit: 18 (3d6 + 8) piercing damage.

Last edited:

TheBoredGM

Beneath our modern banality, we're just savages.
Panzuriel the Enslaver

Challenge
38 (345,000 XP)

Read or paraphrase the following text when Panzuriel uses her Kraken's Soul trait:

Future descriptive text goes here

Fighting Panzuriel as a mythic encounter is equivalent to taking on three CR 38 creatures in one encounter. Award a party 1,035,000 XP for defeating Panzuriel after she uses Kraken's Soul.

While in Rezuriel, Panzuriel is considered CR 34 (240,000 XP / 960,000XP)
You said Panzuriel was CR 38, but later you said Cr 34.

Stalker0

Legend
Adamantine Golem
Challenge
21 (33,000 XP)

Destructive Strike. I like the concept of Destructive Strikes, it shakes up the golem from a normal bruiser. That said, it does add a bit more on the DM side to run. An alternative idea:

"When the Adamantine golem has advantage, he deals 22 extra damage". This is easier for a DM to manage...and it also adds more value to all of those proning attacks: "oh crap I'm prone and AHHHHH....squish." At the end of the day I think both work for the concept, its just a question of the effort for a DM to run this.

You used damage thresholds before with some of your gods and elementals, it might also make sense for this guy... I mean adamantine is the hardest stuff there is!
If nothing else, if there is one monster in the whole book that should be immune to critical hits, its this guy. After all, a simple adamantine shield is enough to make a user immune from crits normally.

The Adamant Darts... I appreciate giving the golem ranged attacks but something about this concept of throwing little darts didn't do it for me....but I'm struggling to offer a better flavor, sorry.

Ok something more controversial, and it really depends on if you the want to golem to be "just a bruiser that does a lot of damage" or "a special memorial really scary guy". But one idea you could try out is once he has elite traits, he activates some kind of small anti-magic field around himself. This suddenly turns him into a nigh invincible killing machine if you don't have the right tools. Since this guy is often the epitome of golem hood, if there was one golem that regained some of the old edition "magic immunity", it could be this one....so something to consider.

Last edited:

TheBoredGM

Beneath our modern banality, we're just savages.
Ok something more controversial, and it really depends on if you the want to golem to be "just a bruiser that does a lot of damage" or "a special memorial really scary guy". But one idea you could try out is once he has elite traits, he activates some kind of small anti-magic field around himself. This suddenly turns him into a nigh invincible killing machine if you don't have the right tools. Since this guy is often the epitome of golem hood, if there was one golem that regained some of the old edition "magic immunity", it could be this one....so something to consider.
Depends on whether the Admantine Golem is technological (robot) or more like a hunk of armor.
But that idea seems like a good one.

dave2008

Legend
You said Panzuriel was CR 38, but later you said Cr 34.
I had originally intended for Panzuriel to be CR 33, the CR 34 was its rank in its Divine domain. However, the 8 tentacle attacks do so much damage that it raised his CR to 38. I will get the rank in the divine realm corrected.

dave2008

Legend
Adamantine Golem
Challenge
21 (33,000 XP)

Destructive Strike. I like the concept of Destructive Strikes, it shakes up the golem from a normal bruiser. That said, it does add a bit more on the DM side to run. An alternative idea:

"When the Adamantine golem has advantage, he deals 22 extra damage". This is easier for a DM to manage...and it also adds more value to all of those proning attacks: "oh crap I'm prone and AHHHHH....squish." At the end of the day I think both work for the concept, its just a question of the effort for a DM to run this.
Damn, your always improving my ideas - thanks! That is better 5e approach.

You used damage thresholds before with some of your gods and elementals, it might also make sense for this guy... I mean adamantine is the hardest stuff there is!
If nothing else, if there is one monster in the whole book that should be immune to critical hits, its this guy. After all, a simple adamantine shield is enough to make a user immune from crits normally.
I intended to included it. I cut it from the Mithril Golem to give to the Adamantine and then evidently forgot to paste it in! I will get that corrected.
The Adamant Darts... I appreciate giving the golem ranged attacks but something about this concept of throwing little darts didn't do it for me....but I'm struggling to offer a better flavor, sorry.
I imagine them more as javelins (and almost called them that) that shoot out of it, not thrown. I will think of a way to clarify it.
I gave the mithril golem more spell immunity I think, but this guy is pretty spell resistant too. I will think about taking it up a notch..

dave2008

Legend
Adamantine Golem
Challenge
21 (33,000 XP)

Updated, let me know what you think.

dave2008

Legend
1627483860630.png

Elf by Mitch Mohrhauser

LeShay
Medium fey, any alignment
1600821798106.png

Armor Class 18 (19 with LeShay weapons)
Hit Points 375 (30d8 + 240; bloodied 187)
Speed 40 ft.
1600821794002.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
18 (+4)27 (+8)22 (+6)20 (+5)19 (+4)28 (+9)
1600821795202.png

Savings Throws Dex +15, Con +13, Int +12, Wis +11
Skills Acrobatics +15, Arcana +12, History +12, Nature +12, Perception +11, Persuasion +16, Stealth +15
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Common, plus any languages it new in life
Challenge 21 (33,000 XP) Proficiency Bonus +7
1600821796238.png

Action Surge (2/Day). The LeShay can take one additional action on top of its regular action and a possible bonus action.

Charming Gaze. If a creature starts its turn within 30 feet of the LeShay and the two of them can see each other, the creature must make a DC 24 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed. The charmed creature regards the Leshay as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn't under the leshay's control, it takes the leshay's requests or actions in the most favorable way it can.

Each time the leshay or its allies do anything harmful to the target, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. Otherwise, the effect lasts 24 hours or until the lesahy dies, is on a different plane of existence from the target, or ends the effect as a bonus action. If a target's saving throw is successful, the target is immune to the hamadryad's Fey Charm for the next 24 hours.

A creature that isn't surprised can avert its eyes to avoid the saving throw at the start of its turn. If it does so, it can't see the basilisk until the start of its next turn, when it can avert its eyes again.

If it looks at the LeShay in the meantime, it must immediately make the save.

Fey Ancestry. The LeShay has advantage on saving throws against being charmed and it can't be magically put to sleep.

Fey Step (Recharge 4–6). As a bonus action, the LeShay can teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space it can see.

Fey Touched (3/Shorts). If the LeShay fails an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw it can reroll the die and it must use the new roll.

LeShay Weapons. The LeShay can conjure two magical weapons to its hands as a free action action. The weapons are unique to the LeShay and disappear when they are not used. While wielding its weapons, the LeShay gains a +1 bonus to its AC (included in its AC) and it an use a bonus action to make one LeShay Weapon attack.

Magic Resistance. The LeShay has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects and any creature that makes a spell attack against the LeShay has disadvantage on the attack roll.

ACTIONS
Multiattack.
The LeShay makes four weapon attacks.

LeShay Weapon. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (1d10 + 8) slashing damage.

LeShay Weapon. Ranged Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, range 60 / 120 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (1d10 + 8) slashing damage. The weapon immediately returns to the Leshay's hand after it hits or misses its target.

Innate Spellcasting. The LeShay’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 24, +16 to hit with spell attacks). The LeShay can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components.

At will: alter self, blur, counterspell, detect thoughts, dispel magic, freedom of movement, greater invisibility, heal, knock, speak with plans and animals, teleport, water breathing

REACTIONS
Parry.
When the LeShay would be hit by an attack, it can reduce the damage by 13 (1d10 + 8).

Retributive Strike. When a creature misses the Leshay with a melee attack, it can make a melee weapon attack against the creature.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases