D&D 5E 5e Updates: Monstrous Compendium

dave2008

Legend
A note on the Wyrm's mythic actions.

1) Imolate foe is normally 1 LA, but once you go mythic its 3. Is that intended?

2) You make spell-casting part of the mythic LAs, but since you made a specific note that the spells are flavor and not really a party of the Dragon's core CR, it seems strange to add them in as LA actions.
No, that was a left over from when immolate foe did damage too. I will remove it for now. I may still add damage back to immolate foe at some point.

Well, when the spells are not available as legendary actions they would generally be a waste compared to a normal attack routine (CR wise). That is why they don't figure - using them doesn't change the CR. However, since the mythic action is less than the full HP, I have more room to deal damage and magic is now an option for a legendary action. But to be honest I haven't looked at these mythic actions since we made all of these changes and I need to review them too.

I could remove the note if that feels better.

Last edited:

I have updated the Elder, Ancient, and Wyrm red dragons. I am still going to look at few tweaks suggested by the feedback, but I picked up some of them and had to modify some things to make the CR work (had a saving throw error in the first pass)
When you tweak them: Wyrm still has recharge 5-6 (just if it's not intentional).
You could roll Keen Senses and Perceptive into one trait. Gives one less trait to keep track of.

I think the concept for Dragon Scales and be transferred to the Tarrasque and other high CR critters that might have problems with flying opponents.

No I wasn't suggesting that really. Just wondering if you thought about it and rejected it.
Here is the Focus! I think of it as a mix of Abberation and undead, seeing as it is the source of Atropus' intellect. Note: I only did 1 mythic action, but there should be more. I accidentally deleted some spells for Innate spellcasting so you can fill them in. I think of it as a very powerful spellcaster, as that's the majority of what it will do in combat. I struggled to think of third and fourth standard actions. In my head I thought of it as a bony alien that looked like an Enderman.
Perhaps you could write this in the description: "If the Focus dies, Atropus' Intelligence and Wisdom scores decrease by 1d12 and he suffers 329 (30d20) psychic damage."

Attachments

• focus.png
    focus.png
    923.2 KB · Views: 86
  • focus tetracube monster file.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 119

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases