I would love to cover all the ones in the 1e Deities and Demigods, plus:
  • Oerth Mythos
    • TBD
  • Abeir-Toril Mythos
  • Theros Mythos
    • Heliod (Mythic, CR 30) by Ash Mantle

dave2008

Legend
Earth was kind of the original D&D setting before Gygax made up a different universe.
"Mordenkainen was an acquaintance of Elminster's; the two had met on numerous occasions at Ed Greenwood's house on Earth to exchange spells and lore."
I am still not sure what your point is? Are you going somewhere with this line of comments? Do you wish to influence what epic monsters or deities I portray? I'm just not sure what your trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Neither am I. But I prefer not including most of the human gods, except the Greek ones as those for the fantasy feel. But IMO it's awkward including things that are actually worshipped today, like the animals and Ra and Osiris, that just weirds me out. But do what you prefer.
Ok, I get that. It makes some uncomfortable, but not sure why you would single out Greek as there are people today who worship Greco-Roman deities. Also, Oerth doesn't use real world mythologies and that is what you quoted. Though you said Earth, you quoted the "Oerth Mythos" so that is why I was confused.

Of the RL religions I will definitely do the Greco-Roman & Norse Mythos as I know those fairly well. After that I may do the Abrahamic Mythos as the next one I know the most about. If I truly want to do the rest of the 1e Deities and Demigods I may need some help or do some more research.

dave2008

Legend
Deities & Demigods included Japanese, Chinese, Sumerian, and other pantheons. As far as I am aware Oerth is synonymous with Earth. Is Deities and Demigods the same way?
Ok, you are wildly mistaken. Oerth is the world of Greyhawk and includes (among many more, also note these were all originally Oerth gods before some migrated to other settings):
Boccob
Pelor
Kord
Tharizdun
Wee Jas
Obad-hai
Hextor
St. Cuthbert
Ehlonna
Iuz
Corellon Larethian
Moradin
Yondalla
Nerull

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Is Deities and Demigods the same way?
In Deities and Demigods, the only gods from Oerth listed are the Nonhumans' Deities.
1602979638739.png

The were not specifically called our as coming from Oerth (not even sure it was true setting at that time), but they all came from Greyhawk / Oerth.

dave2008

Legend
OK, I have posted the first draft of my introduction to the Greco-Roman Mythos. This a reimaging of Greco-Roman mythology in the context of the D&D Multiverse. This will become more apparent with each deity entry as well.

This a draft and I eventually want to get a little more about the Olympic Pantheon in here, but is a start and origin story or sorts. Let me know what you think.

I will be posting a few Olympians and then I will get back to the dragons.

Stalker0

Legend
Is the white dragon's breath not supposed to do half damage on a passed save?

I may be trying out one in my game tomorrow (slightly adjusted, it will be a ghost!), so I want to make sure the stats are right.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases