OD&D A 15 year old Baron had A 17 month old half Sister that despite being his half sister wasn't of noble birth, yet he provided for her, why?

aco175

Legend
Ooops I forgot to mention that the dream specifically stated that he's not marring his half sister to the son of his vassal for political or financial benefit, but he will use the political and financial benefits that he gains from the marriage, rather he's doing it to ensure that even once she becomes a adult she's have a very good life

In case your wondering why The Senior Baron would arrange a marriage that would guarantee that his half sister has a very good life rather then using the power, wealth, influence and reputation he has to guarantee she has a very good life I have to admit that the dream didn't say why he didn't use the power, wealth, influence and reputation he has to guarantee she has a very good life
He is in love with his sister even though she is only a baby. He realizes that his mother never gave him the love he needed to be normal. But, as a baron, he does not need to be normal.

people don't object to the Senior Baron acknowledging that his fathers a commoner but do object to him acknowledging that his half sisters a commoner
I suppose it’s possible. It’s also possible his father was popular - a hero or Star or likeable - but his sister, bring young, is unknown.

JMISBEST

Explorer
I don't think it would make any difference to the common people. They might actually see it as a positive thing.
To the landed gentry they wouldn't think the situation to be particularly unusual - they probably all have illegitimate children by various servants and local tavern wenches, meaning that their children have common-born half-siblings - but would raise an eyebrow about the Baron acknowledging it. It's best for the nobility for lines of inheritance to be kept "simple" and half-siblings are an annoyance that tend to be disposed of.

However, as I understand it, the Baron's father was common-born so perhaps this particular society is more accepting to these situations. It definitely seems OK with a title passing to a woman (the Baron's mother) which would be considered very "progressive" in many societies.
In short, run it how you see fit. If the people are upset then there's reasons why they'd be. If they're accepting well you've already set a precedence for why that might be the case.
I've just noticed that I forgot to mention that the dream didn't say whether the society is more progressive then most societies or whether its a more normal society and the Senior Baron's Mother only got the title because she didn't have any brothers

JMISBEST

Explorer
I've just realized that the 15 year old Seniors Baron's half sister is legitimate not illegitimate, how is that possible?, because years after the 15 year old Seniors Baron's mother/the previous title holder, died his lather remarried and the 15 year old Seniors Baron's 17 month old half sister was the result. Does that make a difference?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases