A lil FrontPage Push Always Helps!

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
The Daemonforge pages have been updated and slightly reorganised. Drop by and help build the world!

Morrus posted that to the frontpage of ENwolrd. I hope it draws in more folks. Thanks Morrus!

Lichtenhart

First Post
I've lurked around a bit and I would gladly lend a hand if I could (english isn't my first language). What do you think you need?

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Always good to have new people. Personally I think if you were to start work on a few of the principalities it would be cool. You pretty much have free reign, just try and hold true to the geograpic position of the place (the principalities map might help), and don't make too many compleately off the wall, a few like the Hobgoblin principality and other oddities are cool but we don't want every principality to be really strange.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Lichtenhart said:
I've lurked around a bit and I would gladly lend a hand if I could (english isn't my first language). What do you think you need?

best bet would be to download the .pdf and look over the areas that are already done on the main page. Then start asking questions about what you would like to do. Currently we are working on completeing the lands and prinicpalities and then we can flesh out more of the area. With the realms done we will have a full setting for anyone to pop in.

If you wish to work on the fiendlords lands feel free.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Do you mind if I ask you a few questions to catch up a bit? :eek:

Which is the principalities map? The first one on the map page?
Do you have a list of the principalities?
How many of the 21 are left?

I found infos about everything on the map except the city of Rusen and the great forest of ravens (but I could be blind, please give me a hint :) )

Are there any themes you want to develop in the principalities?

Which template should I follow?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Lichtenhart said:
Do you mind if I ask you a few questions to catch up a bit? :eek:

1.Which is the principalities map?
2. The first one on the map page?
3. Do you have a list of the principalities?
4. How many of the 21 are left?

I found infos about everything on the map except the city of Rusen and the great forest of ravens (but I could be blind, please give me a hint :) )

5. Are there any themes you want to develop in the principalities?

6. Which template should I follow?

I numbered your questions to give me some order to it.

1. The first map on the map page
2. Yes
3. Check the map
4. I would say over 75%
5. Nope not really pick a land and let your imagination run wild. To get a feel for this area your best bet would be to read the .pdf and see what DF is all about. Once you understand the struggle that is going on between the fiends and the patrons you will understand.
6. Either Egra or Templemount are great examples. The typical rundown of ruler, government, important info, land size, pop size, economic stability, etc. is what we like to see. Just take the template for egran or templemount and customize it with your data.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Leopold said:

5. Nope not really pick a land and let your imagination run wild. To get a feel for this area your best bet would be to read the .pdf and see what DF is all about. Once you understand the struggle that is going on between the fiends and the patrons you will understand.

I've read the .pdf and I know the feeling of the setting, I just wanted to know if there is a project like, say, a city by the lake or something. Maybe someone had an idea while working on something else. I'd just like to know if there was some idea floating around that I can follow, otherwise I'll think of something and seek your advice.
I love the work you've done so far, and I don't want to do something odd.

Warchild

First Post
Welcome to the fold, Lichtenhart! :)
I say just pick a spot and run with it, just check in with the braintrust (bwahahahahhaa) once in while to make sure its not far off. Also, keep in contact with people who are developing any areas in close proximity to your spot, because you can probably help each other out build a continuity! Later.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Lichtenhart said:

I've read the .pdf and I know the feeling of the setting, I just wanted to know if there is a project like, say, a city by the lake or something. Maybe someone had an idea while working on something else. I'd just like to know if there was some idea floating around that I can follow, otherwise I'll think of something and seek your advice.
I love the work you've done so far, and I don't want to do something odd.

Take a look at the map and correspond it with the main page on the areas that are complete. Let your imagination run wild and be as crazy, wild, inventive as you want. We would feel insulted if you didn't do someting odd :).

As of now only the main strongholds and a few of the cities have been done. If you like the evil side go pick a city in the field lords lands and build a city there. If you like the 'good' side pick a city that is on the map and give it a whirl. All ideas are welcome.

Remove ads