A new fey creature, please post comment

Aloïsius

First Post
The Minuscules

This are inspired by an article of D20 magazine. I have adapted the creature to the forgotten realms, where I plan to use them as a plot device. What did you think of them ?

Fine Fey
Hit Dice : ½ d6-1 (1 hp)
Initiative : +4
Speed : 10 ft (swim 10 for nacreous Minuscules)
AC : 22 (+4 Dex, +8 Size)
Attacks : Tiny Longbow + 8
Damage : Tiny Longbow 1
Special Attacks : Color’s Power
Special Qualities : Color’s Power, Great Jump, Soft Landing, Telepathy
Face/Reach : ½ ft. by ½ ft. /0 ft.
Saves : Fort –1, Ref + 6, Will +2
Abilities : Str 1, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 16
Skills : Climb +8, Jump +7, Hide +24, Move Silently + 16, Listen + 7, Spot + 7, Perform +7, Tumble +8, Escape Artist +8
Feat : Alertness, Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Dodge

Climate/Terrain : Temperate or cold forest
Organization : Gang (2-4), band (6-11), or tribe (20-80)
CR : 1/4
Treasure : No coins, 1% goods, 1% items
Alignment : Any chaotic
Advancement : by character class

Minuscules looks like fine humanlike beings less than one inch high, of various hue. They usually live in mini-cities built in a large tree, but have been more and more victims of bigger races, seing them as living jewels. Most of them are now enslaved, and live in tiny flask, weared as necklace by snob ladies in Amn or Calimshan. They are shy, and naturally fearfull of every creature greater than a baby mouse. If treated well (a rare thing) they can overcome their natural distrust and became the helpful friend of a "nice giant".

Tiny longbow : These weapons have a range increment of 1 ft, and can’t affect creature with natural armor higher than 1, except on a critical hit.
Skills :
Minuscules receive a +16 size bonus to hide check, a +8 racial bonus to move silently, jump and balance checks and they use their dexterity mofifier for climb check.

Great Jump : Minuscules are not limited by their height when jumping.
Soft Landing : Being practicaly weightless, Minuscules never suffer any falling damage.
Telepathy : Minuscule can communicate with any sentient living creature within 20 ft. Imprisoned Minuscules can always communicate with the owner of their Crystal Prison.
Color’s Power : Depending of their color, Minuscules are able to display different powers
*Mauve : ability to give a +1 luck bonus or a –1 luck bonus to attack rolls for the duration of the day, as a free action once per day to one being within 5 feet. This is a supernatural ability.
*Black : ability to cast mage hand, detect magic and dancing light at will, as a level 1 sorcerer. This is a spell-like ability.
*Green : ability to cast cure minor wound twice per hour, as a level 1 cleric. This is a spell-like ability.
*Red : The Minuscule sweat and blood are highly poisonous. Contact : 1d8 strength/1d8 strength, Fort save negate DC 20. Ingested 1d10 constitution/1d10 constitution, Fort save negate DC 20. The Minuscule is able once per day to poison an arrow head, or another fine object with his saliva, thus poisoning it : Injury 1d8 strength/1d8 strength, Fort save DC 20. Licking the object require one hour to the Minuscule.
Blue : Through dances, telepathic songs or acrobatics, the Minuscule can perform the equivalent of bardic music, as a first level bard.
*Nacreous : aquatic, ability to cast water breathing as a level 12 sorcerer.

Crystal prison : In years past, the drow vampire Jhassiifay has captured the Minucule village of Wolf’s Dale, whom she knews before her death in the arms of Shyressa. She enslaved them, and created the crystal prison, a wondrous magical item akin to a small flask, closed by a cork stopper, large enough to emprison one Minuscule. If the Minucule is held in a Crystal prison, his owner may force him to use his Color’s power as he desire, as a full round action that draws attacks of opportunities. The crystal prison has a hardness of 5 and 5 hit point. It doesn’t support in any way the Minuscule : this one may die of starvation or suffocation in the hand of an uncarefull owner.
Caster level : 8 .Prerequisites : Binding, Geas. Market price : 5000GP
The market price of a crystal prison holding a minuscule vary greatly depending of the Minuscule color’s and the possession of such an item may be judged as a crime in certain places.

Duganson

First Post
Aliosius,
The CR seems alittle low for the abilities it has (especially the Red Color Power). As it is I would say they are a CR of 2 or 3.
If you need the CR to be lower I suggest limiting the Green Power to once a day and the Red Power to Fort Save DC 12, 1D3Str, 1D3Con secondary. Muave Power should have a Saving throw of Will DC13. This will put the crittier at CR 1/2 or 1.

Thysl in Silver

Aloïsius

First Post
I don't want to lower the poison DC too much, cause I wana use them for a group of assassins ("in the pocket of the thug, you find a strange crytal, holding a strange tiny red man"). Raising the Cr is probably a better way, even if it is hard to think of the critters as more than CR 1 : you could reduce one to pulp by simply walking on him. I already noticed that for fine creature the D20 system reach its limits... They have an incredibly high AC while being the equivalent of a grasshopper...I think anybody can catch a grasshopper, no ?

Duganson

First Post
Catch a grasshopper, why that's why I get up in the morning! Don't mind if I do!! Well these grasshoppers can kill me if I just touch them, though.
That poison DC is REALLY high for a CR 1/4. Maybe if you made it low for an individual Minuscule, then raised it higher and higher the more that are in a certain distance from each other. Sort of a mob poison.

Thysl in Silver

Aloïsius

First Post
Thysl said:
Catch a grasshopper, why that's why I get up in the morning! Don't mind if I do!! Well these grasshoppers can kill me if I just touch them, though.
That poison DC is REALLY high for a CR 1/4. Maybe if you made it low for an individual Minuscule, then raised it higher and higher the more that are in a certain distance from each other. Sort of a mob poison.

Thysl in Silver
You are right, there is no rule for wearing gloves or protective vestment. Either I make one, either I reduce the poisonous touch effect, either I give a higher CR to the red. (I personnaly need no CR at all, as it is very unlikely that the PC will fight against this creature, that's not what I plan. ) I will try to make a better version tomorrow, after a good sleep. ( 03 :32 AM here...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases