A Teacher for Laynie: Mystery at the Academy (Part 2)

In the spirit of LPNN with the mysterious acronym, I now dub this adventure's official subtitle: TK&tPSotOPitDoE

Last edited:
*The staff in the stables are fairly taciturn at first when Vanitri just tries to listen in, but when he actually tries talking to them, they are willing to talk and are surprised to discover a student who shares any common ground with them, as they are used to being ignored. Apparently, five staff members have gone missing. Sican, a janitor, Baalsh, a groundskeeper, Nalki, a gardener, Vaaran, a night watchman, and Brormar, also a janitor. They went missing one by one, and it's making the staff nervous.*

(OOC: By the way, let's finish off XP for the other thread so I don't have to check back--300 time XP + 200 adventure XP == 500 XP)

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri sighs, "One by one? I'm suprised it took so long to reach the students," he says while helping out with his horse. "For about how long has this been happening?"

"The students? What do you mean? These weren't suicides like them students what did that before. At least, don't seem that way. This was after that, anyway, for the last few weeks."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I mean word of this. Seems most students aren't much for talking to you guys. Shame too, since you do good work and keep the place togeather. Started a few weeks ago eh? Got any details? I'd think it'd be hard to make some of you guys disapear."

"Well, the staff seems to be almost invisible to them, I think. Or at least, they notice we're there but not that we're people. The ones in charge definitely know, but I guess they're not anxious to cause a panic. What it probably is is just some damn foreigners," he spits on the ground, "They've always been jealous of Medibaria, and I bet they're just too cowardly to actually try something with the wizards here but they still want to make a statement so they take it out on the poor staff what can't defend 'emselves well. Those bastards."

Bront

The man with the probe
"'ey now, I wouldn't be too quick to judge there. I've met a few unpleasant Medibarians myself. You certaintly can't judge everyone like that."

"Where did all the staff disapear from? Any similarities?"

"Tell ya what. Can you keep an ear out for me on things? I think these disapearances are linked to the missing students somehow, but I'm not sure how."

"Well, we don't know where from. They just disappeared, like. They were working in all different places too. I thought the students was dead, no? The other guys from the staff are missing, though, so maybe they were just spirited away, eh?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, the students left notes, but there's no evidence that they actualy left, or what they did to kill themselves, simply vanished with leaving a note. Sounds pretty similar to me. Keep your eyes open and your ears pealed for me, ok?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"So, they disapeared while they were working? Do you know where the most recient one disapeared from?"

"Brormar, he worked on the main hallways and some of the lower hallways and helped with stonework if anything ever had to be replaced."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Ahh, I'd been hoping that perhaps he was outside, perhaps I could find some tracks or some such thing. I'll keep an eye out, and you do the same good sir."

Vanitri will talk to some of the other staff as he can, discretely, to see if he turns up anything new, and offer his concerns to them as well.

OOC: I'm assuming Vanitri got his name and gave his, who is he talking to?

(OOC: He talked to several staff members, but this one is a man named Drylan)

*Drylan nods and goes back to his business.*

*Vanitri doesn't really learn anything new as he talks to a few other members of the staff, just those five names. Perhaps Elektra or Truman have discovered something else of interest.*

*Vanitri returns to Lex's room to find Lex studying. She looks up:*

"Oh, hi Vanitri. I'm not the Lex who went to check on that stuff, so I don't have anything to report. Did you find anything?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Not realy, I got a few names, and where they disapeared, but nothing other than that. It's apparently been happening since the last disapearance but no one noticed. I do have someone looking out for me down there those, so we'll hear about the next one more promptly."

Advertisement