About Scrolls?

Jabba Von Hutt

First Post
If a party without a sorcerer or wizard finds an arcane scroll with some spells that a cleric or druid has on their list, can the cleric or druid use them? Or are the spells specific to the caster (ie divine versus arcane)?

UD

First Post
If a party without a sorcerer or wizard finds an arcane scroll with some spells that a cleric or druid has on their list, can the cleric or druid use them?
No.
However a bard could use either if its on his spell list.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
The reason they can't is that a scroll is either devine or arcane, and you can't cast a spell from a scroll that isn't the type you can cast, even if it is on your spell list.

--Arcane Spikey

Dwarmaj

First Post
How many spells per scroll?

In older versions, you could have up to 7 spells per scroll. I haven't really seen anything in 3Ed. that allows for more than one.

Am I missing something.

Dwarmaj

StealthyMark

First Post
In older versions, you could have up to 7 spells per scroll.
This really doesn't matter. You can have as much spells on a single scroll as you like. If you cast a particular spell, it's writings fade out, other spells on the same scroll stay. In every aspect, they are handled like spells on different scrolls.

Mal-2

First Post
Re: How many spells per scroll?

Dwarmaj said:
In older versions, you could have up to 7 spells per scroll. I haven't really seen anything in 3Ed. that allows for more than one.

The only thing I've seen is that in the DMG random item tables scrolls are listed as minor (1d3 spells, level 1-3), medium (1d4 spells, level 2-5) and major (1d6 spells, level 4-9).

Mal-2

Remove ads