Air Pirates: Episode 1: The Revenge of The Air Pirates:FULL!

WarlockLord

First Post
The guards on the dock prodded your backs with swords. "Move along, pirate scum. You will be executed at dawn tomorrow, fools, for your crimes against the peaceful people of Khorvaire. You are lucky King Kaius did not elect to use the torture devices on your pitiful hides."
You stole one last look at your airship before you were thrown into a dank dungeon.

I'm recruiting for a new game, as my old game appears to have died. Here are the character creation criteria:
84 point buy, as follows: ability scores are bought on a 1 for 1 basis. No score (before racial/level based adjustments) may be bought above 18.

5th level PCs (10,500 XP, 8,750 gp)

Books allowed: Core, Complete Arcane, Adventurer, Mage, Divine, Warrior, Psionic, XPH, Tome of Magic, Tome of Battle, Libris Mortis, Heroes of Horror, Player's Handbook II, Eberron Campaign Setting.

Feel free to optimize your characters, so long as there are no infinite loops/ Pun-Pun levels, etc. I reserve the right to declare a character "too broken," however, I will not use this unless it is EXTREMELY broken.

A team necromancer is not required, but is recommended for coolness.

Archivists may buy whatever spells they like from said books, as long as they appear on a divine list, and the archivist is willing to pay for a scroll plus 100 gp per page. This includes domain spells.

There will be some undead, probably constructs too, so PLEASE make sure you can fight said enemies. I don't need another party full of mind controllers who can't fight undead.

Profession: (airship sailor) is a must, and I'd like a renegade helmsperson of House Lyrandar to fly the thing.

Anyone interested?

EDIT: the Spell Compendium is also on the list of approved books.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Evil, evil, evil. I have so many games in play right now, but this is one of the concepts I've been dying to do forever....

A few questions, however. Are our characters starting after this "capture" noted below or what? I.e., how our we starting together?

Also, you only list the ECS as a source. No other Eberron books?

Ambrus

Explorer
Interested, yes. Out of curiosity, might you allow Races of the Dragon? A dragonwrought kobold pirate might be fun.

Otherwise, I'm consider playing some type of mindblade wielding character. :)

WarlockLord

First Post
Fraid no other Ebberon books, as I don't have them. I will consider new stuff on a case by case basis.

The characters all used to be air pirates together. Then they got caught. This is when we start.

stonegod

WarlockLord said:
The characters all used to be air pirates together. Then they got caught. This is when we start.
The reason I ask is that there are significantly more Lyrandar options than in just the ECS.

Let me look at what I can think up.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I'd be very much interested. A gnome ninja would be an interesting option as groups infiltrator/assassin/spy. Probably being a member of some Zilargos' spy guild.

Shayuri

First Post
*raises hand meekly*

Being that I was in said other game, I was hoping (with the understanding that I wouldn't be doing another Beguiler ;)) you might consider me for this one. It would not be hyperbole for me to say I have wanted to play a sky pirates game for a -long- time now...before Eberron even came out!

On the flip side, if you don't feel comfortable with me, I'm not out to make things difficult. Say the word, and I shall seek elsewhere.

Redclaw

First Post
I'd love to throw my hat in the ring here. I've been wanting to try a warblade. Wow, too many ideas popping through my head. I think I've edited this post six times. :D
But, now that I've seen the Tome of Battle on the available book list, the warblade definitely where I see myself going. I can see some fun pirate-like uses for some of their maneuvers.

**EDIT-- so, looking over Tome of Battle, I'm picturing a human (or half-elven if our helmsman is up for a connected backstory) warblade focusing on Iron Heart and Tiger Claw maneuvers. Lots of jumping around and slashing :D . He would probably dual-wield kukri, although I have to crunch some numbers before I decide on that bit for sure.

Last edited:

stonegod

I'm going to bow out early to give other folks a chance 'cuz, as I said, I'm prolly in a few to many games as it is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases