Alchemy

Lancelot

Adventurer
The Adventurer's Vault is rapidly becoming a chocolate milkshake for me. I wish to drink this milkshake. I wish to drink it up.

Dalzig

First Post
I think they might hit the jackpot for this book. A&EG and MIC all in one... it's a formula made for success!

What's the skill check on that?

[/bad pun]

Baumi

Adventurer
Wow this rocks! I especially like the Alchemist Fire and the Tanglefoot Bag, but I think that the Smokestick is to weak (150gp for only light obscurence and one round).

Majushi

First Post
Can someone send me a pdf of the excerpt? Can't access that particular site from work.

cheers.

Edit: HAve been sent copy now. Thanks

Last edited:

CubeKnight

First Post
Unless I'm misreading the article, I don't like the fact that the attack roll is fixed. I don't like the idea that everyone is equally accurate when throwing a flask.

Tehnai

First Post
It's not that everyone is equally accurate at throwing the flask, it's that the fire is (or isn't) sticky enough to stick on agile slippery dude.

I mean, it's like throwing a grenade. You're not trying to throw it so it bonks off the bad guy's head, just shoot it around that way and hope it works!

Me, I'm seeing a delicious alternative to multiclassing into wizard for my artificier (we got no controllers, and that might take care of the minions real good).

ObsidianCrane

First Post
I like the idea of swapping Alchemy for Ritual Caster, for me I see Alchemy as being good from level 1 while Ritual Caster needs you to get levels in a far more substantive way.

I would much rather be making Alchemist's Fire than casting Comprehend Languages or Tenser's Floating Disk at first level. Rituals for me kick off at 5th level, so I'm more than happy to leave picking up Ritual Caster until level 4.

Very happy with these rules, and a big plus for the book for me, beyond my players baying for more items.

Lab_Monkey

First Post
I like the idea of swapping Alchemy for Ritual Caster, for me I see Alchemy as being good from level 1 while Ritual Caster needs you to get levels in a far more substantive way.

I would much rather be making Alchemist's Fire than casting Comprehend Languages or Tenser's Floating Disk at first level. Rituals for me kick off at 5th level, so I'm more than happy to leave picking up Ritual Caster until level 4.
I wonder how this would influence the bonus rituals that a wizard receives throughout his or her career. If swapping Alchemy for Ritual Caster means a loss of those bonus rituals, even if the character takes ritual caster as a feat, then I don't think I would make this trade unless I had 0 interest in rituals. It seems better to pick up Alchemy as a feat and take Ritual Caster as a bonus class feature if you want to be able to do both.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases