Arcana Evolved Published Adventures?

Waylander

The Slayer
Hi,

For our next campaign we are planning on using Monte Cooke's Arcana Evolved. As this is really very different from standard D&D I was wondering if anyone could suggest a published module that would be a good introduction into the campaign world and help me set the tone for subsequent adventures.

I guess what I am hoping for is something that will highlight the differences from standard D&D so that this is emphasised rather than used as window dressing.

Not to mention which, there are free adventures on www.montecook.com and on www.diamondthrone.com. :D

Welcome to the fold! For an introductory adventure, I wrote a very short one called Fine Print on DT.com. Plague is a much more extended one that many folks play through. (The dungeon has many empty spaces, but that's a minor flaw.) It links into Siege on Ebonring Keep too.

Waylander

The Slayer
Thank you for the feedback - to be specific which out of the two entry-level adventures is the most full of flavour (I know this is subjective) Plague of Dreams or Siege on Ebonring Keep?

Also, does Siege on Ebonring Keep suffer at all for being the first Arcana Evolved adbventure to be published as I know this was a problem with the early Iron Heroes adventures.

Waylander

The Slayer
Varianor Abroad said:
Not to mention which, there are free adventures on www.montecook.com and on www.diamondthrone.com. :D

Welcome to the fold! For an introductory adventure, I wrote a very short one called Fine Print on DT.com. Plague is a much more extended one that many folks play through. (The dungeon has many empty spaces, but that's a minor flaw.) It links into Siege on Ebonring Keep too.

Thanks Varianor Abroad! :D

I'll check out the free adventures (including Fine Print ;) ) - I have the Freeport Trilogy and will be interested in reading the conversion notes by Søren Thustrup.

Waylander said:
Thank you for the feedback - to be specific which out of the two entry-level adventures is the most full of flavour (I know this is subjective) Plague of Dreams or Siege on Ebonring Keep?

Also, does Siege on Ebonring Keep suffer at all for being the first Arcana Evolved adbventure to be published as I know this was a problem with the early Iron Heroes adventures.

Both have a lot of flavor. Both companies worked with Monte to get on board early with the AE experience. That said, Siege has some typos and errors and Plague does have the previously mentioned dull, blank areas. Both have a lot of cool stuff though. They are designed to be run sequentially. Plague first, then Siege. I don't think either suffers with the "rushed to market by slapping a coat of whitewash over a regular D&D adventure" claims that have followed one of the early IH adventures. Both delve pretty deeply into Diamond Throne flavor.

Let us know how it goes. Freeport is a cool choice. There's plenty of places to set that in the Diamond Throne.

Fiery James

First Post
Toot Toot, that's my own horn.

Plague of Dreams was, of course, co-written by Monte himself, so it's almost official! :)

Also, if you pick it up from our store in the next few days, you can use coupon code gmday2007 to save 25%.

www.fierydragon.com

- James

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Fiery James said:
Toot Toot, that's my own horn.

Plague of Dreams was, of course, co-written by Monte himself, so it's almost official! :)

Also, if you pick it up from our store in the next few days, you can use coupon code gmday2007 to save 25%.

www.fierydragon.com

- James

Sounds like good advice to me ;)

Remove ads